Echostar software update.

TVPIPE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar AD3000IP
My Location
UK
Llew said:
Remember you need the bootstrap file loaded onto your STB before downloading any updates after v.200.

You can find it in the download section at www.echostar-int.com

Llew

i have tried downloading the bootstrap file and have the same problem

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Sounds like it may be a data transmission problem, maybe a noisy com port on your PC, or bad null cable. Can you try a different com port?

harrowwoman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
One dish 1.5cm with 3 LNBs picking up Hotbird,Arabsat,Astra
old Echostar receiver, GlobalStar 6000i
My Location
Harrow,Middlesex, UK
Hi, newbie here-have an Echostar bought 18 months ago. I expect it need the upgrade though whether through the computer or the receiver I am not sure. I have Hotbird 13d and Arabsat on two seperate dishes, Hotbird is on a big one 90cm and Arabsat is on a 60cm (or the other way around can't remember). Thing is, I was looking for MBC on Hotbird, did not find it and the receiver kept switching off and on 75% through the scan. I thought 'aha, all the memory must be full up' so I did a factory re-set. Managed to work out how to get the Satelites set up again but now, although the Arabsat is showing channels and the Hotbird has done a scan, I cannot switch from one to the other whereas I could before. I noticed I could add xtra satelite too so I found and added Nilesat, can see those channels.
I never could work out how to make a favorites list also, what a laugh it is to see me sitting there in the evening madly doing scans oblivious to the world around me. My partner has had quite a laugh as I try not to do anything while he is there but he knows my fingers are itching to get on the remote! As soon as he goes out, I am at it!!!
Not sure what to do next wondered if I can add other satelites and see them. I thought there would be lots of channels? What to do please.

harrowwoman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Harrow,Middlesex, UK
:-bash Hi,
I have the Echostar 780. Although I have repeatedly looked at their website I find I cannot scroll down to find my receiver on it. Even to fill in their online form wont work, it wont scroll down. I have had the receiver for 18 months now, think it might need an upgrade. Wonder of you have any advice.

Thanks
HW

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
It can be a fiddly job to shift the screen up to access the remaining receivers or the next page in the software section on that site with IE.

Point and hold the left button of your mouse about 1/4 inch above the status bar at the bottom,and slowly drag it up or down until you can access the bottom of the page.

Other than that, I use the Mozilla Firefox browser, no problems with that.

Llew

harrowwoman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Harrow,Middlesex, UK
I got quite annoyed when I realised I would have to move the computer+monitor over to the tv so as to do the upgrade, so went out and bought the Silvercrest receiver from Lidle on Monday instead.
Then I found the pre-programmed list for that has only the Hotbird sat. so now want to know how to add on another satelite and LNB as I have the two dishes.