Echostar Spares

milky1010

Reaction score
Spare part required! Anyone know where I can lay my hands on a power supply module for an Echostar AD-3000IP please?

2002morpheus

Reaction score
Milky, I have an Echostar AD-3000IP which won't accept firmware - powers up cleanly though!
I have priced up a manufacturers repair at it'll be at least £80 - not worth it really!

I would be interested in selling it as it is - or alternatively, I would be interested in buying yours off you! let me know

milky1010

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Morpheus,

The unit in question is part of my work's inventory and as such I won't be able to sell it on; red-tape and safety issues etc.

There's a chance that they'd be willing to purchase your faulty unit, but the decision will be out of my hands. How much were you thinking of? (inc postage to North-East England). Let me know, and I'll try and convince the powers that be.

They can be slow at decision making, so don't worry if you don't hear back for a little while, I WILL let you know either way asap.

Cheers
Milky

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
1. Power supply

Primary it is only the electrolyte capacitors that fail - due to heat - many tv repair shops will replace them for around for 15 pounds it normally only takes around 20 minutes.

What is the exact fault on your reciever ?

2. The memory corruption on the Echstar 3000 has been normally associated with the change in boot strap on firmware revision 300 from 200.- what version of firmware do you have installed before the problem was reported and which error code is now reported U100 ??

3. There is a "possibility" of a reset of the flash memory in some instances - are you experienced in electronics?
Regards

Old Satellite

milky1010

Reaction score
Hello Old Satellite,

I'm a Language lab engineer and totally new to the satellite world. I've no circuit diagrams, or satellite experience, or any real idea of whats what here! Although I'm generally fine at soldering/repairs, I've no true insight into the fault finding part.

The fault appears to be on the power supply board. When power applied the display flashes off and on (All segments illuminated), whilst a loud fast clicking can be heard.

I was only brought in after the reciever became faulty, so I don't know the firmware, or any other details, that would require power. Apparently the fault started suddenly when they tried to select a different Japanese channel.

I did replace the two larger electrolytic caps as they often cause problems in all sorts of equipment psu's but unfortunately fault is still apparent.

Any light you can shed would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Milky

2002morpheus

Reaction score
Well, I'm not going to spend money on it - I only paid £20 for it in the first place!

£30 and I'll send it to you Royal Mail standard parcel service.

Let me know whenever - it's not exactly doing anything!

Cheers

Morpheus

milky1010

Reaction score
Hi Morpheus,

As suspected it took an age, but I've finally got the goahead to purchase the reciever from you. Could you send me an email with your name and address on please? I tried to use the "send private email" feature on this forum but apparently I don't have permission.

Cheers