Echostar SR200 IP

Porthos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Analogue Echostar SR-200 IP with Telecom LNB to pick up French Television on Atlantic Bird 3

Digital - Sky
My Location
Bedordshire, England
I have bought a secondhand Echostar receiver after my Pace went to the receiver in the sky - sorry about the puns.

I view the French analogue from Atlantic Bird, but cannot tune in the receiver, it came without the manual. I have tried to set the frequency etc in the setup but keep getting the blue screen with ERROR. The LNB was working fine with the PACE and the dish has not moved.

Can any one tell me what I am doing wrong, please.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
If you're not connected to a motor, the receiver is expecting to see some feedback to drive the dish.

Possibly the box has been previously configured for a moveable dish (I'm guessing you have a fixed one).

Check the motor/positioner details in the menu somewhere and set dish moving to zero or whatever it requires for a fixed dish.

Llew

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
If the Pace went, maybe it took the LNB with it.

If not then the French channels are on the upper frequency, meaning you have to (somehow) turn on the 22KHz tone switching if you have a Universal LNB

Can you see the LNB to take any pictures ? Are there any markings you can post ?

Can you borrow another receiver?

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
If it's a Telecom LNB as your profile suggests, this has an 11GHz LO which you need to set up in your LNB menu (if you haven't already done so).

The French channels are all vertically polarised I think, so you don't need to switch the LNB voltage to 18V (if indeed you can with that LN:cool:.

Llew

Porthos

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Analogue Echostar SR-200 IP with Telecom LNB to pick up French Television on Atlantic Bird 3

Digital - Sky
My Location
Bedordshire, England
Thank you all for the info. I have checked the LNB it is OK. I set the motor positioner to zero for my fixed dish. and tried again. All the stations were there and as clear as a bell.

Thanks very much for the help.

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Glad we could help m8

Llew