Echostar System Locked Up! Help!

Nickolai

Reaction score
My Location
Berkshire
Peter,

once you obtained Echostar loader and the newest firmware version from the website you will need a null modem (9 pin female to female) cable to connect your receiver to a PC COM port.

There is a chance that the box will respond to an INIT command from the loader and will download the new firmware. If this happens - you are in luck, you will probably be able to operate the box again. Perform the factory reset then straight away.

Good luck

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Just also to add that if your Echostar does not see the download request then please ensure that your Null modem connection is correctly set up - full details are on the Echostar web site.

If you still can not download and upgrade the software and then reset your Echostar then the best option is to return it to thier agents ar Echostar for repair

Regards

Old Satellite

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
One word of caution to add to that which may be trying to teach you to suck eggs. There is obviously a point where the cost of carriage and repair becomes uneconomical on an older receiver. Of course, only you can decide that, depending on your circumstances.

Best wishes

Jimbo

P

Peter_001

Stan.......just to say I got the thing moving again!!!!!!!! Phew!!!!

Thanks!

I need to reprogramme my box. If you have managed to download the right stuff etc etc.... let me know!!!!!!!

Cheers to all

Peter