echostar

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

geo

hi...i bought the 2500ip thinking that analog was just about dead and really didnt need the 3000. the annoying thing is there is no event recording timer on the 2500, can u download upgrades as in the case of the 3000 or i am i stuck with it.. apart from that its a damn good bit of kit.....geo

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Echostar's European homepage ( http://www.echostar.nl ) shows which firmware upgrades are available for which receivers.
(follow the links helpdesk>software downloads)

Do you really have the d2500? Or Do you actually have the d2510 (new version of the d2500). The latter contains essentially the same firmware as the ad3000 series, including an event timer. The former (old model) never had that, even in the most recent v.x06 software.
And note: there will likely be no further development of the old d2500.

2old

G

geo

tks for u r last. i have had a chat with the retailer who sold me the 2500, he assured me it was the later type but i still cant find any suggestion of event timming in the menu. i will now have a crack at echostar downloads and see what i can find....geo

M

Marvy

You can tell the difference between the 2500 and the newer 2510 from the appearance. The old 2500 (with no event timer) has the 2CI slots under a central flap, and the new 2510 has the 2CI slots under a flap on th right hand side.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The dealer might well claim that the d2500ip he sold was the latest - it may well have been the latest of the d2500ip range. But the point is, the d2500ip has been superseded by the d2510.
If the dealer didn't explain that, then s/he is obviously trying to shift old stock (I know dealers who are very frustrated at Echostar's quick product turnover, and are left with mountains of now unsaleable "old" models...)

One external difference between the two models is that the older d2500 had a power switch on the back whereas the new range of receivers (including the d2510) do not.
The back of the d2500 looks like this:
http://www.echostar.nl/products/hardware/images/d2500ipa.gif
The back of the d2510 looks like this:
http://www.echostar.nl/products/hardware/images/d2510ipa.gif
See the difference? (bottom right corner as seen in these pictures)

But the most obvious difference is that the d2500 has "D-2500IP" printed on the front of it, whereas the d2510 has "D-2510IP" ...!
Which is yours??

Marvy:
The original series of d2510 is identical to the d2500 in external appearance in terms of the positioning of flap and CI-sockets.

2old

G

geo

tks for the info, my cam slots are in the middle, so i guess i am stuck wiv the older version. i would like to have a chat with the retailer but he is in somerset and i am in shropshire, but thats the way it goes. tks again......geo

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Geo
no, if you had read my post you would see that the position of the CAM slots is not important. Both the old 2500 and the new 2510 had their CAM slots in the middle.
Ignore the CAM slots.
Just read the text printed on the flap cover.
It states which model it is!

2old

G

geo

hi 2old. my echostar is exactly what it says on the front cover d2500ip. when i chatted to the dealer his reply was he was not aware there was a 2510 and as u were saying about the high turnover off echstar equip., i guess u have to believe him. apart from the no rec. timer event i am very happy with the thing.....geo

Status
Not open for further replies.