ECHOSTAR2110CI / MONOBLOC LNB

S

swills9

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 15-Jan-02 AT 05:37 PM (GMT)]Does anyway know how to set up the 2110CI with a mONOBLOC LNB
(ASTRA/HOTBIRD) I have a twin LNB on the dish but I cannot get the
recvr to recoginise the thing!
I have been told of 2 or 3 methods but none seem to work, but then I could be a bit thick!
The Manual with the recvr is no good whatso ever!
Ta

TB

Reaction score
Hey man I'm no expert and havnt got the receiver you got, but just been in similar position myself. I dont know how much you know and what you got, ideally you need a sat metre to fond the said satellites. I havnt got 1 so I get some1 to look at the signal test strength in the menu on the tv, and I move the dish. Again dont know what size dish or lnb you got, but you need the elevation of the dish approx 30*. Hotbird is by far the hardest to find, well I think so, it's located at 13* east, which to you and I is almost due south but not quite. Astra is at 19* east, so line your main lnb up with hotbird, then the second needs to be on a bracket set at 6* across, and job done.

I read a good method of finding hotbird other day on here, get an old anolog receiver, that way you xan see the tv pictures getting better, then when best picture found plug in your digi box.

Ah for all I know your box could be analog 1, shows what I know!! If it is it should be easier to find!!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi TB, did you get it working in the end? You didn't reply to my PM so I assume you managed to do without the meter.

@ Swills, Please try and only post the same question in one forum, otherwise people don't know where to post the answers.

Rolf

S

swills9

[updated:LAST EDITED ON 16-Jan-02 AT 07:34 PM (GMT)]I've seen the reply to the guy with a Monobloc LNB and the 1m dish
and sort of follow what you say, but being the Numpty that I am
I'm still going wrong!
I can pick up ASTRA, but, as you look at the LNB (towards the dish)
it is on the left hand LNB (Right one blocked off), therefore the signal from HOTBIRD will be in the wrong place, right?
Could you please if poss, explain it in idiot proof terms?

I know I'm slow, but I thought I'd cracked it earlier! but no.

Thanks

If the default LNB is 'left' when you reset the recvr how do you
set up initialy to the right?

ta

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No, that should be right, all you should need to do now is allocate a DiseqC number to the Hotbird LNB I'm not familiar with your receiver, but try any number between 1 and 5 and you should pick up a signal.

Rolf

TB

Reaction score
Ah Rolf no I havnt got hotbird working, I'm waiting for an anolog receiver. I never read you PM doh, I dont know how 2, where does it say that I have 1, if your offer still open, then yeah I'd be very greatful!!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
PM me with your address TB and I'll post it off to you tomorrow. To read your PMs you need to go into user options at the top of the main page and select inbox from the list. You should also have E-mail notification ticked, there should be a message to you at the top of the main page telling you that there is a PM.

Rolf