Edit Channel without a PC ?

Retronana

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
United Kingdom
I picked one of these Sat receivers up today from Maplin, very impressed so far, I was looking at the Humax Freesat but decided to go for the Passion based on the feedback on this and other forums.

Downloaded the new firmware which is pretty good, one slight issue in the fact that the presets are not correct for BBC News 24 and therefore I don't get a picture or sound.

My question is, can I edit the channel individually to put in the correct values on the receiver itself or do I have to either connect the box to a PC or scan and add/replace the current listing for this channel ?

Many thanks in advance:)

Retronana

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try rescanning that particular transponder, if not, you should be able to add video and audio pids, you can find what these are supposed to be at Flysat _http://www.flysat.com/28east.php or Lyngsat _http://www.lyngsat.com/28east.html

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
BBC News 24 has changed TP's since the channel list you're presumably using. It's now 11.954H SR 27500 FEC 2/3.

Scan that one to add to your list.

Llew

Retronana

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
None
My Location
United Kingdom
Thanks for the feedback/answers.

I'll re scan tonight and make the change to get it placed on the EPG correctly.

I'm new to the non Sky reciver game and its been a little bit of a culture shock.

The Passion is a pretty good reciver for the money and given the negative comments with regards to the Humax Foxsat HD hopefully I have made right choice.

FYI, I have a quad LNB with a Sky HD box on two feeds and the Passion replaces a worn out Sky plus box in another room.

Timeshift recording is not an issue as I can use the Sky HD box, the Passion is just a good option on a 2nd 40" HD display in the house.