editing USALS postion

immi79uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skydigibox
My Location
Leeds, uk
hi everyone, the question i want to ask is, can i edit USALS position only a bit? the reason m asking is, the alignment on my 1.1m triax TD110 seems perfect as some channels getting 100% signals on 30w and on 42e as well. But i have to press ''move west'' button twice to get best signals on 7.3W. all the rest are perfect. i know we can store the satellite positions manually in positioner setup but i am using USALS with disqc switch coz have another fixed dish at sky, so m dependent on USALS.
so is there a way to edit USALS position ?

the box i have is dm800se

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Yes, you just need to alter your longitude position slightly, but as it's just one satellite, 7.3W, why not edit this satellites details, either by altering the postion, to something like 7.5W, or by adding a new satellite, and editing this to 7.5W, or whichever position gives you the best signal.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Yes, the above advice is exactly what I'd do. Remember though, 7w is a difficult one and you may still need to nudge from time to time.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The DM800S I set up at a clients house appears to 'creep' on a couple of satellites. I have checked for excessive backlash on the motor and can't find any, so I assume it is something to do with the image installed.

immi79uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skydigibox
My Location
Leeds, uk
just have edited the 7.0W(-70) position to 7.2W(-72) in satellites.xml file, loaded new satellite and scanned ... all ok now

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands