Electronic Programme Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

lingofreak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 metre dish. Nokia Mediamaster 9500s used for FTA European channels.
My Location
Brighton, UK
Hi, this is my first post so hope I have got it right. I am using an old Nokia 9200 to view European channels but gradually most on screen information has disappeared with the exception of RAI 1,2 & 3.
I need to buy a new receiver as mine does not have a timer and most if not all new ones do. My question is this :- I can't find any information about EPG, yes they all have it but, 1 is it up to the broadcaster or the software? 2 is it only available on subscription I watch free to air channels? 3 Would a receiver with PVR work with EPG as simply as my terrestrial Humax PVR receiver?
I hope someone with experience of EPG can help me. Thank you.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Make sure the time is set correctly on your receiver - my Echostar loses the epg info if it gets more than a few minutes out of synch

Its carried on both fta and scrambled channels, and is up to the broadcaster to provide.

lingofreak

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 metre dish. Nokia Mediamaster 9500s used for FTA European channels.
My Location
Brighton, UK
Thanks, my Nokia is not the best timekeeper, I get info on Rai the Italian state channels at all times hence my query is it up to the provider or the software, I guess I won't know untill I get a new receiver - a Manhattan or Technomate possibly.

Status
Not open for further replies.