Elevation

andy653cc

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to all this so please bear with me as i am sure i am going to be back with more questions later. Am i right in thinking that, as my receiver has USALS, i will only need to set the elevation with a motorised dish? What will i need to set the elevation and how? Once i have managed that task and then when i don't receive a signal i will be back!!
If it's of interest or use the receiver is a fs5100 ultra

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
Elevation depends upon your location and offset angle of dish if it is an offset dish. You should have had some setting up information that came with the motor.

You need to put in your lat & long into your recever to use USALS also get your due south set up correctly.

Oh! and welcome to the forum.

andy653cc

Reaction score
Thanks AF, i posted the message before i had received the dish, did'nt realise the angles would be on the brackets, and there was an instruction book in the box(relief) so that's eased my concerns and am now looking forward to putting it all together.
I think this forum is great and glad i stumbled upon it, well done to you guys that help out us beginners so patiently.

wolfav

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
two sky+amstrad boxes
technomate5500ci+ with 80cm motarised dish irderto cam mr mrev +dragoncam blue tit numerous fun cards infinity pheonix compaq and dell on wirelessrouter
My Location
no mans land
good luck in setting up your dish just remember patience is a virtue and 1mm out down here and your miles away from a satellite up their so attempt instalation in a good frame of mind

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
There are some good dish setup FAQs here by T24.

Good luck. Come back if you have probs, or need some counseling or anger-management lessons!

andy653cc

Reaction score
Well, i have managed to receive a few satellites after initially getting a blank screen. Now need to fine tune, the info posted on the forum has been a great help and you guys are very encouraging, thanks.
I am off now to trawl through the minefield of keys and codes etc, so i shall more than likely be pestering you all later.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
andy653cc said:
Well, i have managed to receive a few satellites after initially getting a blank screen. Now need to fine tune, the info posted on the forum has been a great help and you guys are very encouraging, thanks.
I am off now to trawl through the minefield of keys and codes etc, so i shall more than likely be pestering you all later.

What set up do you have, dish size, motor, receiver, lnb, Cams & cards if any. So we can let you know what you could receive.

andy653cc

Reaction score
Hi John, i have a fortec star 5100 ultra that has been patched,(bought on e-bay from vision satellites) a Tecnomate 80cm dish and can't remember the make of the motor. At present i have Hispasat 30W and Astra 28E and a few inbetween. The receiver came with a disc to download and upgrade the software but as yet i haven't plunged into this task until i have looked at more information and advice, bit one fingered with computers you see!