Elvis Help

D

denny

HI Everyone
I`m New to this, the problem is I`m using an Elvis programmer & mp6 software, I had 2x gold cards which used to be fine now I keep getting the message in que all the time. so I bought new purple fun cards tried one on autodetect said could not find it, How do I know which card, ie pic + 16 f84a + 241c46 your help on this would be more than appreciated.

Thank You Denny

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Don't use MP6 for fun cards, you could fry them on auto detect. Use MP8 beta, or Multi prog from the adteknic site.

Rolf

D

denny

Hi M8
Thanks for help but have tried all my search engines drawing a blank on adteknic site any chance of website addy.

Thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
[updated:LAST EDITED ON 02-Mar-02 AT 01:14 PM (GMT)]http://www.adteknik.se/english/index.html

Sorry my spelling, try this one. :)

Rolf

D

denny

Still having problems here I`m not usually this thick (honest) I have some new Purple Funcards AT90S8515A 241c64 in the new mp8 beta I`m not a 100% sure of this one how to use with mp6 what is the the line I check for this card (pic) please I`m getting a headache now.

Thank You Denny

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Denny, when you start up MP8, you will need to tell it that you are programming an Atmel card, that takes you into a second screen with the choice of chips. Then select the files, there may only be two, a flash file and an external Eeprom file. Once you've loaded either the two or three files press the program button.

Rolf

D

denny

Hi Rolf
You must be sick of me 1 more question, I have done what you said. The top half has AVR ticked then saysAT90S8515 which is my funcard, then a check box saying import flash the other says import IntEEe then below it has ext eeprom ticked box says 24c64 then the other button says import EE then anther box saying AD-TEKNIC LOADER
The thing is I`m trying to get Seca files put in there are only 2 a SEPIC HEX AND A SEEPRON HEX my prob is what do I put in where, if that makes sense Rolf. I do apologise for my stupidity in advance Denny

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Aaaah, there lies a problem, they are silver card files, the Atmel files are usually ****Flash.hex and Exteeprom.hex or similar.

Rolf

D

denny

Hi Rolf
After a nights headache I understand what you mean now (I THINK) the purple cards I have need 3 files Flash, Eeprom & Pic. yes?? The gold cards I had before did`nt need the flash file, thats why with these cards I need mp8. The help I need now is I used to watch RTL etc Dutch & some Italian for the soccer and films by the way (honest)!!! Well Rolf can I still get these files for watching those Programmes with the fun cards or do I have to purchase some more gold cards, and revert back to the old way? oh and what can I get with the Fun Cards. THANKS oh Rolf looked at a topic regarding £99 top boxes you said you`d go to MALAGA to fix it well we have a little place in Spain and thinking of getting a Sat System and pal you can have a week there sort it out.

Cheers Denny PS Headaches starting to go now

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The files you need for the Funcard Denny, do not have a pic file, that is another type of card, it's called the Pic card or Piccard. Some of the fun card files may have 3 components and some may have 2, but they still work the same. You should be looking for a file called Secafun or similar, what CAM are you using as it makes a difference.

Rolf

D

denny

There you go another mistake, I have Humax 3500, and a Aston Seca V1, but getting a V1.5 on Tuesday, when you say some have 2xfiles some have 3 if I`m using MP8Beta there are 3 boxes to move files to which 2 should I use, and if not breaking the rules what are names for them, and would they get me RTL etc, promise not to annoy you anymore, but many many thanks for your help & assistance.
Denny

D

denny

Humax 5300, aston V1, and the onboard Viaccess, can I get RTL Canal+ with these things. I have a Aston V1.5 coming Tuesday, or are there special files for this older Cam.

Denny

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Just picked this up

Rolf- did you say you would go to Malaga as well ?

Im missing the 12 and 14mm spanners from the tool box, someone halfinched them on Saturday

When you are packing please put these in your luggage

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
@ Denny, The old Aston will work, but you can only use 9 provider files with it, you will have more luck with the 1.05. The Aston version 1 should work fine with a 9 provider gold card file, the funcard is probably overkill for the job. For the 1.05 there are several different files avilable and depending which one you get, the hex files have different names. They are normally quite distinctive, the Flash file will mostly have flash in the name as will the internal Eeprom (if there is one there), the External Eeprom will similarly have exteep in the name usually.

You should be able to get these files most places.

Rolf

@ Channel Hopper, Spanners packed :)