Embededd Cams - still require CI slots?

Roadster99

Reaction score
My Location
North East England
Following on from my last post in this section; If a receiver has 2 embedded Viaccess cams is there any requirement to have CI slots as well?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If the receiver is flashable then the two card slots will be fine, I do prefer to have a CI slot as well though.

Roadster99

Reaction score
My Location
North East England
Cheers Rolf and congratulations on the 10,000 posts.

Stigmat1976

Reaction score
My Location
Brussels
how can you upgrade the firmware with a rs232c cable?

thx for your answers

cheers

jetkis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate twin tuner 7100HD
Motorised Fracarro Penta 85cm
Don't have Sky
My Location
Oxford
rolfw said:
If the receiver is flashable then the two card slots will be fine, I do prefer to have a CI slot as well though.
What about other channels that have different encryption, is that not what you need the CI slots for?

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
I think thats what Rolf was getting at.

You can flash something other than what the reciever comes with.
so just the card slots along with the chosen system software ,will work providing you don't want to change systems too often. :)

L

Roadster99

Reaction score
My Location
North East England
Thanks for all the posts. I was looking at the Technomate 7600 2VA which has the embedded cams and the Technomate 7750 which has the embedded cams and 2 CI slots. I think the added 2CI slots is the only difference but the cost of the latter increases by £60.00. It appears that you can flash the cams to multicam status so I think I will be going for the 7600 rather than pay extra for the slots I cannot see me using. I am grateful for the discussion, cheers.

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
Except of course if you can load a multicam. :)

Roadster99

Reaction score
My Location
North East England
Good point Lancelot: what is involved in loading a mulitcam? I obviously have internet access.

villa

Reaction score
hello every1 ive got a meter dish i was just wonderin how far over the arc can i get im after 49e if i can get or 4w ( amos ) and ive got a fun card 4 with a dragon cam do they work together if so what software do i need thanks pals lookforward to hear for any1

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
villa said:
hello every1 ive got a meter dish i was just wonderin how far over the arc can i get im after 49e if i can get or 4w ( amos ) and ive got a fun card 4 with a dragon cam do they work together if so what software do i need thanks pals lookforward to hear for any1

Please dont hijack existing threads with requests for information unrelated to the original discussion.

However,

Yamal 2 at 49E is C-band. Your dish is probably too small to do anything useful with C-band reception. The Amos birds are tightly spotted onto the Middle East, although Amos 2 does give some signal into Europe.

Fill your location in in your profile and folks may be able to give you some meaningful help.