Emitor AB Digisat

Status
Not open for further replies.

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
I have acquired an Emitor AB Digisat meter but I have no instructions for use of same. Can any one supply me with a copy or direct me to somewhere that I may get a copy. TIA:D

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Theres the Digisat, Digisat 2 and Digisat Pro

Which one,they are different but all easy to use from the specifications

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
It is the basic Digisat

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
as per http://www.scan-import.dk/digi3.html. I have never used a sat meter before. I attatched it at the digibox end and changed staions between known powerful ones and ones I can't receive ( I'm in Costa del Sol). I expected to see a large swing but didn't so I think I may be doing something wrong

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
Is this the meter you have ?
digisat.jpg

If so then here is a summary of the instructions, as the one i have isnt a very good copy to scan.

There are 4 modes for this meter:

Normal Mode Signalstrength
Voltmeter Mode
Loudspeaker Mode
Offset Mode

Normal Mode Signalstrength - DONT PRESS ANY OF THE YELLOW BUTTONS.The higher value,the better signal.The upper row presents the incoming signal x10.The lower row presents the signal x1.The 22KHz LED is lit when there is a 22KHz signal in the coax.

Voltmeter Mode - PRESS THE RIGHT YELLOW BUTTON ONLY (V+mA).When the right button is being pressed down, the DIGISAT works as a voltmeter.The upper row presents the voltage between 11-20 volts.The lower row presents the mA from 0-500 mA in 50 mA steps.

Loudspeaker Mode - PRESS AND HOLD THE RIGHT BUTTON AND THEN PRESS THE LEFT BUTTON.The loudspeaker starts when pressing and holding the right button, and then pressing the yellow button.This is useful for tweaking the signal as the tone lowers or highers as the signal increases/decreases when fine tuning the dish.

Offset Mode - PRESS THE LEFT BUTTON ONLY.When the left button is pressed, the incoming signal is attenuated to a lower level.

(I cant read the next part for this function as my instructions are illegible)

Can one of the mods/members explain what the offset mode is used for ?

Hope these instructions help you a bit.

Lee

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
Thanks Lee. It is the right one. Your instructions certainly help. one question (perhaps an obvious answer). How do you get the lnb to select different frequencies? I want to be able to fine tune on my difficult to receive frequencies.:cool:

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Can one of the mods/members explain what the offset mode is used for ?

The attenuation (offset ) button is used to select a particular signal strength range

One would have little or no attenuation when first finding a satellite to start the set up of a polar arc, once a few satellites ae withn capture of the system then attenuating slightly helps foind the best line to fit the orbit of all the satellites.

Finally a range of attenuation is used to ensure all satellites are visible, switching on for the highest signal satellites (and eliminating cross pol problems) and attenuation off for the obscure ones, just to ensure you get everything available (and to peak the skew of these to the best for your system)

Hope it helps, these meters have been highly commended by those that use them, but getting the controls right up a ladder is something you have to try a few times before its easy

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
Thanks lads I am getting more info each day. I am certainly learning a lot. The last time I dealt with dishes was was 1960 when I was a ground radar fitter in the RAF

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Fewer knobs on the equipment nowadays, more knobs in the trade though !

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Guess you hang out with the big ones C.H.

Jimbo ;)

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Like breeds like you know !

tonylumley

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+hd and a patriot computer (dont know who makes it but it seems to work for me)
My Location
Essex England
probly find you are sorted now but iv only found this site today while looking for the instructions to my digisat pro seems we have the same problem. got the gear but no instructions, I googled the make and model and it came back with a picture of my meter and a pdf file of instructions, and even as an "i know very little "computer user i managed to print these off, so hopefully if you are still stuck this may be of some help. Tony

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Thread is 7 years old tonylumley thus placed back on the shelf to collect dust.

Thanks for the info anyhow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.