emtech , please help :(

jetoni

Reaction score
first of all , hi .
and glad to join this forum, really a lot of useful info.
great job all of you.

second, for a week now i am searching the web to find something.

i have an EmTech receiver, i really don't know what model is, altough judging by some pictures i've seen on the web, i think it's EM100 (i bought it in 2001).

now a friend of mine has bought a receiver that can "open" even encrypted channels, no card needed, i guess he uses keys for that.

Now, my question is , Can i be able to do that, if i have a new software (or firmware?) for my Emtech?

If so can someone point me to a link where i can download that software?
Please someone help me, as i;m new to this.

Just for reference, when i open the system information on my Emtech MEnu here's the info it has :
Model ID : D303
H/W version: 3.00
S/W version: 2.47 .

sorry for the long post, but i really need to know if there's help for me, in order not to buy a new receiver.

Thanks

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
jetoni said:
first of all , hi .
and glad to join this forum, really a lot of useful info.
great job all of you.

second, for a week now i am searching the web to find something.

i have an EmTech receiver, i really don't know what model is, altough judging by some pictures i've seen on the web, i think it's EM100 (i bought it in 2001).

now a friend of mine has bought a receiver that can "open" even encrypted channels, no card needed, i guess he uses keys for that.

Now, my question is , Can i be able to do that, if i have a new software (or firmware?) for my Emtech?

If so can someone point me to a link where i can download that software?
Please someone help me, as i;m new to this.

Just for reference, when i open the system information on my Emtech MEnu here's the info it has :
Model ID : D303
H/W version: 3.00
S/W version: 2.47 .

sorry for the long post, but i really need to know if there's help for me, in order not to buy a new receiver.

Thanks
hi jetoni
I understand the Emtech100 can use the Starsat 120 software.
Find files for the Starsat here:-
h**p://www.satsw.com/

Llew

jetoni

Reaction score
great, i screwed my receiver :(
it doesn't work anymore.

i connected it with my PC with an null-modem cable, and used a program called EmEdit.
it had a button called "Reset Receiver" , when i clicked that, it displayed a dialog "Reset failed, Try Again". After that i pluged off an on my receiver, and then when i tried to Power On my receiver , it only showed the 88:88 digits.

then i tried to install at least his own software he had( i copied it initially), the operation was succefull, it says on the LCD of the receiver "FINE". but still the receiver doesn't work, only the 88:88 digits are shown ,can't turn it on with the remote or the button .

P L E A S E H E L P , what can i do?

P L E A S E

olgasarse

Reaction score
I'm still a newbie to all this, but from what I've read, have you tried cleaning out the firmware you loaded. There's suppose to be some software that does it. Probably from the same site as you got the upgrade firmware from.
Then re-load your original firmware back in - if you saved it that is.

This is one reason why I don't want to upgrade the firmware on my GBSat.
I suppose it's a case of - if it aint broke, don't fix it !

Bigsat2

Reaction score
starsat 120 editor

were can i find a editor for the starsat receiver it a original Jepssen pvr300 receiver but the set edit from the jepssen or emtech is not working ??

Best regards Bigsat