emulated encryptions

steviewilson

My Location
pj::
What encryptions are currently available to 'be emulated' with a pci skycard?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Nagravision, Irdeto/Betacrypt, Seca/Mediaguard, Viaccess/TPS.

Not Cryptoworks, Conax, Videoguard, PowerVu, Irdeto2, Sec/Mediaguard2, Viaccess2, or the modified Nagravision that German provider Premiere are using.

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

My Location
scotland
when you say emulated do you not mean the software emulator in conjunction with the hardware as opposed to the skycard hardware on its own? just wondered as i plan to buy a skycard 2 at some point.

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, the software carries out the emulation process.

this is my first post here so try to understand that I am quite the newbie in terms of satellite cards.
I have two satellites receivers in my front room connected to two different satellite dishes. Both receivers have cards for encripted channels (SkyTv and D+).
I have two dishes pointing to different satellites.
What I wanted to do was to extend the satellite cables after splitting them, and take the cables to a switch, that I would then feed to a Satellite PC Card (like the Skycard).
I understand that it is possible to use the Skycard and use a Phoenix interface to view the encrypted channels on the PC.
What I would like to do is to use my card to extract the information I need to view the channels and then put it back in the satellite receiver.
Is that possible? Could I view the encrypted channels WITHOUTH having the actual Sky or D+ card interfaced with Skystar?
Can anyone point me in the right direction in terms of software?
Thanks!

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
I understand that it is possible to use the Skycard and use a Phoenix interface to view the encrypted channels on the PC.
Not as far as I know.

You can view D+ using the Skystar2 only, using the software emulator in MyTheatre or ProgDVB.

rolfw

Staff member
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
That works with the old type Sky cards only, so no longer any good I'm afraid gnollo.