Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Hello,

If this has already been answered elsewhere pleas point me in the right direction.

I have newcamd on my DB and it works fine. I have enabled the "show me how a channel is encrytped" type option so can see how a channel is being encrypted when I see the blank screen.

If I install other emu's e.g. scam, cam3, (and keep newcamd) will the DB work out which one to use to decrypt the channel? Which are the "best" ones to use?

h**p://www.dreamboxworld.c*m/dbw/emu_dream.htm shows the decryption in each but I'm sure some shown for newcamd aren't decrypted? s*ca? Or am I talking arse as usual? ({})

Thanks.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
A bit academic really as I don't have enough free space to install anything else. If I use NFS/ samba on the DB, can I install emu's on a network drive?

costasd3

Dreambox Emu Tamer
Reaction score
mhku said:
A bit academic really as I don't have enough free space to install anything else. If I use NFS/ samba on the DB, can I install emu's on a network drive?

Yes you can! But i think you have to mount it under hdd and your pc has to be on while db is on.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
Cheers :) My PC is always on so not a problem. Where is newcamd 6.0 available from (you mentioned it on another thread)?

costasd3

Dreambox Emu Tamer
Reaction score
If the admins have no problem i will post the link or upload the file!

You could pm him with the link.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
costasd3 said:
If the admins have no problem i will post the link or upload the file!

You could pm him with the link.

Just post the link here, no files please.

costasd3

Dreambox Emu Tamer
Reaction score
Newcamd 6.0 can be found here
h**p://www.dreamboxworld.com/dbw/main.htm

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
mhku said:
If I install other emu's e.g. scam, cam3, (and keep newcamd) will the DB work out which one to use to decrypt the channel? Which are the "best" ones to use?

On some images you choose the primary SCAM for the box to use then you have the option of a second or third. the box will only try these if the primary doesn't open the channel.

The simple answer is that it will not search all SCAMs you have loaded unless you tell it.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I hadn't noticed the change of version on that page, thanks, I'll give it a go :)

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
OK guys, here it is, the new working newcamd 6 in a .tar file

VVV.i-have-a-dreambox.com/wbb2/attachment.php?attachmentid=7666&sid=
I installed it through the gemini manager. After that I got the config and keys through the blue button, and it worked ok. Seems to have to wait a little bit before it comes on, and I don't think I got Polsat sport working with it.