encryption system ?

R

rus121

Hi
Does anyone who what encryption system Sky Digital mainly use for the main channels? For example skysports channel, the movies channels, PPV channels, adults channels.
I been told it's Seca/Mediaguard

Can anyone help me

Thanxs

DrKevB

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
MPEG2 is not an encryption system. MPEG2 is a compression system applied to a digital signal, a bit like zipping up a file using Winzip. Sky digital uses the videoguard encryption system. The software is not available in a CAM, the encryption software is build onto the motherboard of a receiver, currently only available on a Digibox. The videoguard system is only used in a couple of countries, italy I believe is one.

So basically:

A) There is no Videoguard Cam Available to purchase to plug into a
digital receiver.

:cool: There are no codes available for Sky digital and the first person
to get the codes off a card will have the Sky legal department on them
like a ton of bricks.

Therefore you either legally subscribed to sky or you don't watch sky!

Any comments on this 2old4this :)

R

rus121

Thanks for the info.

One more question: Ok, you can't get any aky channels, but can you get any other non=sky channel. for example Zee tv?

Thanks for all your help

Bye

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello

Anything/Everything which is not FTA is encrypted using the videoguard encryption system.

Regards

W Hole

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
DrKevB - only comment is this: highly amusing how this idea has developed that Sky would be so mercilesss and apparently omnipotent should anyone so much as breathe the words "hack" and "Sky" in the same sentence. Why do you assume Sky are any more powwerful than, say, Canal+ which across Europe has more subscribers and a vastly greater potential market - and yet whose system is merrily pulled to bits by every twelve year old and his dog, very few of whom have actually since been incarcerated in concrete or at her Majesty's pleasure...?

2old