English Audio on satellite channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cowboy

Having been a fan of D2Mac for many years, I now find the D2Mac channels slowly leaving me!!!
I now have to delve into the world of digital, still got to choose which receiver to get, but first, answers are needed!
After lots of searching on the internet I still can't find a definite answer to my question and so I put my question to all you people in the know.
I know there are film channels that show films with their original english soundtrack as well as a foreign soundrack (i.e. film channels on hispasat satellite ). But are there any general entertainment channels ( on any satellites and any encryption ) that do the same, I am thinking of channels like the Paramount Channel ( english soundtracks on Cheers, Frazier etc.).
Also Kids Channels like Nick or Fox Kids and channels which feature Discover type programmes and also the Simpsons, Friends etc!!!
Also, are there any web sites that would list the english soundtrack availabilty.
I've looked at Lyngesat, a excellent site but I could not find this information listed antwhere.

Thanks in anticipation,
Cowboy

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
There are very few general entertainment channels which offer the original language, aside from the Scandinavian channels and the majority of these are encrypted in Conax with no public hack.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Next to the audio PID info on Lyngsat will be the option of language in most cases.

C

cowboy

Thanks for the info,
but after further internet investigation and reading some more of this forum it appears to me that there are some general entertainment channels (Paramount) with original soundtrack on Astra 19.2E or am I reading the info incorrectly.

Thanks again for your help.

Schnuffi

Reaction score
My Location
Sunny, Germany
The Paramount Channel on Astra 19.2E is in mediaguard 2, stealing a line from Rolfw there
is no puplic hack.

C

cowboy

Shucks,
Looks like a subscription to Murdoch then.
Thanks for your help, Guys.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
What programmes are of interest ? These may be on channels that can be viewed for a more 'modest' fee.

Discovery is for example free on Turksat, history is FTA with Freeview, MTV in a number of guises is free on many satellites, Eurosport is free if you have analogue and understand German

Many of the comedy programmes are about if you look

More channels will give you more choice, you just have to be more selective.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
isn't Eurosport free on digital on Astra 19?? It is in German though..

peket2

Reaction score
i,ve 1.9m dish plus signal 8000 receiver and currently watch east african channels on NSS 703 57.0E. My question is , are there any other free channels on this satellite that I can watch on my receiver?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
peket2 said:
i,ve 1.9mm dish plus signal 8000 receiver and currently watch east african channels on NSS 703 57.0E. My question is , are there any other free channels on this satellite that I can watch on my receiver?

Full channel list here:

h**p://www.lyngsat.com/nss7.html

johnwilliam1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate 1500
strong 4375
pace digi box
triax 1.1, triax 88cm
My Location
UK.
t g

eurosport is also on analogue 19e in english

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Hey John did you look at the date of this thread? It was started in 2003...O-Ha
I am closing it down before it dies in front of us :)

Status
Not open for further replies.