English Football on other satellites?

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
No problem Razor!....How about you posting one in Gaelic :D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL!

so now we get (from babel...) :-

"Then that small farm web that you the accompanying Rumanian used to translate Engish then? Is arn very by hand of tools ' t they? The small farm web that I finish to use is very good excessively and by hand to look at for top talks of footy that I dressed I understand!"

... which makes more sense than most things you write! ;)

Let me know when your Romanian friend wants to sell his small farm. I might be interested if the price is right. The 'hand of tools' might come in handy for watching FREEXTV.

Reminds me of a Russian who bought a smallholding in London recently...

:p

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
And who was that then?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I can recommend a cheap but working Motor, the SG 2100. They cost about 59 or 60 Euros and are fairly easy to fit. Try ebay.de .

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
waverider said:
And who was that then?
Abro.. Arbo.. Arobamovamovich?

... Perhaps it was in Leeds ...

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Heh! well I certainly would mind being a couple of million behind him! and wouldn't be surprised if could quite easily afford to buy quite a few more farms!

elgin eagle

Reaction score
elgin eagle said:
Location Oxfordshire UK

Apparently 5'E is a non starter for us with a 60cm dish, as our terrace faces due east. Which satellite do you reckon I'll probably be able to pick up from Oxfordshire with this dish, apart from hotbird and astra, which shows FTA footy from time to time? Is Eutelsat at 16'E a strong signal? That TOP channel looks alright.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
elgin eagle said:
Apparently 5'E is a non starter for us with a 60cm dish, as our terrace faces due east. Which satellite do you reckon I'll probably be able to pick up from Oxfordshire with this dish, apart from hotbird and astra, which shows FTA footy from time to time? Is Eutelsat at 16'E a strong signal? That TOP channel looks alright.

If you are facing due east 5'E is only a turn of just under a right angle m8! (85'Deg) so unless there is a massive brick wall there you should try to receive that bird! although I think a 60 cm dish could be too small but still you might be lucky...16'E is not to bad a signal, although I have found it on some occasions to be weaker than Sirius. To give yourself a rough idea on sat longitude positions check out my diagram (provided below) as both the sats your trying to get are in the red arc!. or you could try picking up turksat @ 46'E.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=636&stc=1

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England

elgin eagle

Reaction score
waverider said:
If you are facing due east 5'E is only a turn of just under a right angle m8! (85'Deg) so unless there is a massive brick wall there you should try to receive that bird! although I think a 60 cm dish could be too small but still you might be lucky...16'E is not to bad a signal, although I have found it on some occasions to be weaker than Sirius. To give yourself a rough idea on sat longitude positions check out my diagram (provided below) as both the sats your trying to get are in the red arc!. or you could try picking up turksat @ 46'E.
http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=636&stc=1

Cheers for that, yeah unfortunately 5'E is where the corner of the terrace is O-no but if I point the old 60cm at Hispasat, can my magic cam decode nagravision alright? I've seen a lot of footy adverised on 30'W but it all seems to say nagravision next to it.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Before you start asking about encryptions, it maybe better to try seeing what satellites you can receive first EE!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
elgin eagle said:
Cheers for that, yeah unfortunately 5'E is where the corner of the terrace is O-no but if I point the old 60cm at Hispasat, can my magic cam decode nagravision alright? I've seen a lot of footy adverised on 30'W but it all seems to say nagravision next to it.

It can do with a Titanium card.

elgin eagle

Reaction score
Good point, well presented waverider! I'd hoped to be able to receive Live football from the 1000 or so channels that are on hotbird and astra 19'E with the twin LNB but it seems the only viewable one with my cam is RTL5, which doesn't seem to show much at all.

Faced with that, I'm hoping to make use of the oval 60cm dish and the single LNB which I replaced with the twin, but I don't know if it's worth paying for another installation if it turns out I a) cant receive hispasat with such a small dish, or :cool: can't receive the football channels on there either because of encryption. That was why I asked about Hispasat, as it seems there are some good channels on there, but all say nagravision after them in the title.

elgin eagle

Reaction score
rolfw said:
It can do with a Titanium card.

Cheers for that rolfw. Would a magic cam loaded with Matrix Reloaded software do the trick as well do you think?

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
EE...an MM can be altered to an MR using a CAS interface. Then you can use a tit card with that.

elgin eagle

Reaction score
Ok cheers Jimbo, I'll have to decide whether it's worth doing that, or instead trying to pick up one of the FTA football channels on a different satellite. I think I'll try using the 60cm for hotbird and astra, and then repointing my fixed 80cm at 16'E or 5'E where that dish should definately be big enough to pick up one of them for the football.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
LOL....your a man after my own heart EE!...Sod the mature content where's the footy :D

elgin eagle

Reaction score
:D Its become like a battle to get it! I can't get 5'E cos the walls in the way, I can't get 16'E with the twinLNB cos its only a 3 degree difference from hotbird, and thats too small, and I can't pick up any other satellites that show any cos the second is too small at 60cm. What a nightmare.

Looking on the LJ's football page, there are 2 west-facing satellites that show FTA football, 1 at 1'w, and one at 4'W. Do you think I might be able to pick either of them up with the other 60cm dish?

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Well EE Thor does boom in a strong signal, but you wont pick up that bird either m8! as it's further round to your right (Wall in the way!)....why not try and mount a wall bracket off the balcony so's this dish can look round the corner m8.;)