English Football on other satellites?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
elgin eagle said:
:D Its become like a battle to get it! I can't get 5'E cos the walls in the way, I can't get 16'E with the twinLNB cos its only a 3 degree difference from hotbird, and thats too small, and I can't pick up any other satellites that show any cos the second is too small at 60cm. What a nightmare.

Looking on the LJ's football page, there are 2 west-facing satellites that show FTA football, 1 at 1'w, and one at 4'W. Do you think I might be able to pick either of them up with the other 60cm dish?

Just a thought EE....have you tried picking up Turksat at 46'E...there's free footy on that bird....and I would have thought the 'Wall' wont get in the way!

elgin eagle

Reaction score
LOL I asked about turksat as well! Apparently the signal is too weak with only a 60cm dish. I've arranged to have a metre dish put on at the front of the house, so I can pick up hispasat and the footy channels on there. It's costing a bit more than I wanted to pay, but at least we'll both have something to watch now, plus when we move house next I can put a motor on that dish, and be able to pick up most of the satellites.

The Palace Season Ticket has been put on hold for now, but thats probably done me a favour :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Razor said:
How much....Rolf.

Don't know mate, haven't found anyone who sells it, but i guess they could tell you if you mailed them. I mailed them yesterday, but have had no reply yet.

elgin eagle

Reaction score
Cheers Razor, I wish I'd bought that instead of the monoblock. Hopefully the Hispasat installation will give me enough football so I won't need 16'E now :)

How much does one of them cost roughly as a matter of interest?

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Well EE looks like your catchin the bug m8!.....next it will be the latest boxes, cams and using titaniums m8 :D

elgin eagle

Reaction score
Well and truly caught it m8 :cool: I dread to think how much it has cost so far, but even in hindsight, short of putting a motorised dish in the back garden and cutting down the only tree, I couldn't have picked up hispasat and hotbird much cheaper than doing it with two dishes.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Go get it m8....you know it makes sense :D

imthedaddy

Reaction score
My Location
Bradford (U.K)
Hi all needing some help with turk sat 42'e all of a sudden i've lost all pic & signal on all channels well the few i was getting i tried diffrent tp's but cant seem to get a signal im useing a 1meter moterized dish and i also wanted some more info on tvsport ro i get a signal but it keeps saying scrambled i thought this was a free 2 air channel im useing a mr cam so wot am i missing+ need little help im told if i buy aprogrammer that i could get 1'w a few movie channels that are on there any advice is it worth buying a programmer.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
I was under the impression that Turksat was at 46'E m8! and TV Sport RO....is definatly FTA..as I am watching Aston Villa v Birmingham on it!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
waverider said:
I was under the impression that Turksat was at 46'E m8!

Not unless you've moved it WR. :D

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Well it might have been that display rocket I sent up last week :D

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Sorry boat keeps rocking....got me bearings now it is 42'E :D

neil306

Reaction score
matrix reloaded cam and titanium card then happy viewing on hispasat and thor

Teddys11

Reaction score
hi all i am new to all this so am just going to throw this out......is there any non encyrpted channels that show live preimership matches on Saturday and if so what is the frequency for any of these channels

i have a standard digital dish i was wondering if would be able receive any signal for the live afternoon football

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Teddys11 said:
hi all i am new to all this so am just going to throw this out......is there any non encyrpted channels that show live preimership matches on Saturday and if so what is the frequency for any of these channels

i have a standard digital dish i was wondering if would be able receive any signal for the live afternoon football

Well all depends on size of dish and where it is pointing to! if you look on this site it will give you an idea on what is being broadcasted http://www.knplogic.co.uk/sport/