English & Spanish Football

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky, desktop pc
My Location
manchester
I'm new to all this satellite lark and it's beginning to drive me nuts. I am sooo confused!! I am basically after a system where I can pick up Premiership and Spanish football. At the moment I am thinking of buying a motorised sytem with a Technomate 1500 receiver and an ART card for the Premiership. In addition I want to view the Spanish La Liga too, but I'm not sure on how to pick this up. From what I can make out it can't be picked up on Hotbird but on Hispasat. Is this correct? What channels can get this? I think the receiver will be 'patched', so does this mean I can pick up encypted channels for free as well?
Apologies if this has been covered previously, but this website is a minefield...

mulls74

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish
My Location
Lingfield, Surrey
I'm not saying for one minute that this is the best way to do it, but here's how I watch the premier league, La Liga, and some Italian stuff.

I have got an old Humax F1 VACI receiver. In the built-in Viaccess cam is an ART card for all the Premiership with which you also get the main Scottish games.

I also have a Conax CAM with a Pentacard in it. With this you can pick up Sport 1 and 2 HU which shows all the main Spanish football. They don't seem to change the codes that often. The other bonus is that you get the entire UPC package which includes HBO and other English language channels.

I then have an 80cm dish with a monoblock fitted so I can watch Astra 19E (Sport 1 and 2) and Hotbird 13E (Art Sport).

I paid a total of about £200 for this including the receiver, dish, cams and cards. As I said you may be able to do it cheaper but I haven't missed any Premier League footy for two years now. Have a look around on Ebay.

dazza230

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
?????
My Location
sunderland
I need the same help aswell please - anyone out there?????

i just basically need the cheapest system to watch premiership matches!!!!!

anyone HELP PLEASE!!!!!!

thanks
daz

mulls74

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish
My Location
Lingfield, Surrey
If you just want to watch premiership football. Then get a simple system that picks up ART.
You need any receiver with a built-in Viacess CAM - as little as £30 on Ebay.
A 60cm dish (Sky region 2) - around £25 on Ebay, with LNB.
Art sports card: about £75-80 on Ebay for six months
Then you just need to worry about installation - it's not hard to do it yourself or pay about £100 for an installer.
So that's about £135 DIY install, or £235 pro installed.
Hope this helps.

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky, desktop pc
My Location
manchester
I take it then that the Conax camwith Pentacard doesn't run from Hotbird only Astra 19e? Which Astra would this be? I take it I'd still need a motorised system for this? Actually just checking out this Pentacard and am I right in saying it's a blank card? How would this work?

mulls74

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish
My Location
Lingfield, Surrey
You have to program the pentacard - you need a card programmer (about £25) to do this. The key files are freely available and, at the moment, the Sport 1&2 keys are not changing that often.

The channel that broadcasts Spanish (and Italian) football (Sport 1&2 HU) is on Astra 1 at 19deg east. The channel that broadcasts English football (ART Sport) is on Hotbird 13deg east.

You can access both of these with a motorised 60cm dish. Or you can get an 80cm dish and use a monoblock (like me). That means you point the dish at Hotbird but it also picks up Astra 1. I'm not sure if this is any cheaper than going motorised.

There may be other ways of getting the Spanish football. If you just want English football then ART will do the job. These are official cards so you don't have to worry about finding new keys and programming them.

There isn't really any way of watching Spanish football without doing a little bit of work - finding keys and programming cards etc. Unless someone else knows otherwise.

Incidentally if you're buying a patched CAM, you should be able o get TPS Foot and TPS Star on Hotbird. These channels have a couple of Premier League games on every Saturday. Look at this brilliant website for details http://knplogic.com/sport/index.html

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky, desktop pc
My Location
manchester
Thanks for all the info. I take it a card programmer is used in conjunction with a PC? Where can I get these key files from? So i assume that by getting these key files, I programme the pentacard to pick up the sports channels the along with the Conax cam I can pick them up?
Just looking at that website and it mentions Sport Hu 1 with Cryptoworks not Conax. Is there a difference?

mulls74

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Satellite Setup
80cm fixed dish
My Location
Lingfield, Surrey
The best programmer to use is a phoenix infinity - I have the USB version of this. I think Cryptoworks and Conax are similar - I use a Conax CAM but it still decodes Cryptoworks.
You take the blank card, put it in the programmer and add the codes from the website where you buy the pentacard.
The codes are changed periodically but they normally have an update and you simply program the card again with the new codes. It takes about 5 minutes.
Then you point your satellite to Astra 1 at 19.2 and the channels should clear. The full list of channels and frequencies is on the lyngsat website.