English Speaking Channels on Astra 19.2E

garym71

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace TDS470N Sky+ Receiver, Technomate TM-5400CI+ FTA Receiver, Raven Gemini 70cm Mesh Dish with East & West offset LNB brackets, 2 x Inverto Black Ultra Single LNBs, Inverto Black Premium Quad LNB, Eurostar 4x1 DiSEqC Switch, Webro WF100 Cable
My Location
South Oxfordshire, UK
Is there anywhere I can find a definitive list of English speaking channels on the Astra 19.2E satellites?

I was going to set up a 3-LNB fixed-dish system (Astra 28.8E, Astra 19.2E and Hotbird 13E) but am now wondering if it is worth bothering with 19.2E at all as I don't speak any language other than English. What decent English speaking channels are broadcast on 19.2E?

Thanks,
Gary

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
garym71 said:
Is there anywhere I can find a definitive list of English speaking channels on the Astra 19.2E satellites?

I was going to set up a 3-LNB fixed-dish system (Astra 28.8E, Astra 19.2E and Hotbird 13E) but am now wondering if it is worth bothering with 19.2E at all as I don't speak any language other than English. What decent English speaking channels are broadcast on 19.2E?

Thanks,
Gary

I am not sure if you can setup 3-LNB dish system easily.
You may have to use a motor or 2 Dish system
I will leave to the experts to give you the best answer.

To find out about English speaking channels, you can open the Lyngsat pages for all the 3 satellites mentioned and look for channels that show English audio.
Remember to click also on "P" for package to see the full package channels list, including encrypted channels. Ex. TPS

There are foreign packages that have channels with dual sound tracks and you can easily select English on your remote, if it is available at the broadcast time (Films, series)

If you are looking for British channels only, then Lyngsat will also show these. Ex. BBC Prime on Hot Bird

If you ask me, I would definitely point to Astra 19.2 because of what I have written above.
In fact I am dying to do this right now, but I need at least 2m dish on the roof.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
HB13DISH said:
I am not sure if you can setup 3-LNB dish system easily.

Hi,
This is a very common setup in the UK, there are plenty of examples of it on this forum. Four is even possible at a push.

_http://www.satellitesuperstore.co.uk/multisat.htm

Robbo