Enigma2 android meter

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
Hello, have been using this > DMSatFinder - Apps on Google Play for a long time with solo2's, allways been a supertool ...until trying it on oreo (8) \ pie (9) phones, locks up \ crashes after short time of use. No real problem, got phones with android 6 & 7 where it works perfect.

Tested a few similar apps, also getting lockups & crashes in android 8 & 9. Trying to pinpoint what's going on (related to image (openpli), router, network, phones, apps too old, combination of all this etc). Question, anyone using any of the available enigma level apps sucessfully in android 8 & 9 ?

Thanks for any info.

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Thanks for all the replies :O)

Got things working. Had seemingly disabled some phone permissions etc that affected newly installed apps.
Tested a bunch of available enigma2 level meter apps on Motorola, Huawei, Samsung, on Android 7\8\9, all working.

My favorite still DMSatFinder, got bouquets switching + complete channel listing. And no ads\spying\location, zero internet connection.

S

Sleepingwiththefish

Did you checked DreamDroid (Github releases)? Is open source and can do a lot of stuff, one of them includes 'signal meter', I use it sometimes, I'm not sure though if it works well on Android 6,8,9, I use it on my old Xperia S (still alive!) mostly for accessing webif for streaming.

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Thanks, had been thinking about testing it, your post made me download.
Am impressed, superb app, the openwebif of android. Streaming to the phone works great.

For dish adjustment the dedicated level meter apps are more practical, having an interface concentrating on one single task. On Dreamdroid there's lots of clicking back and forth involved to switch channels and read levels, but the level meter is there and works fine (I like the round RPM meter :O)

S

Sleepingwiththefish

On Dreamdroid there's lots of clicking back and forth involved to switch channels and read levels, but the level meter is there and works fine (I like the round RPM meter :O)
That's the worst of it, some sort of 'speed dial buttons' (with custom channels assigned to each one) on meter screen would work better.
Or maybe sliding screen left would open 'bouquets' menu...
Well... nothing is perfect!