Entering Satellites Manually On Dreambox

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Enter Menu,
Go To Set Up,
Go to Service Searching,
Go to Motor set up,
Uncheck Go To XX Function,
Hit BLUE button,
Mode: Function,
Enter Satellite you wish to search for,
Transponder: Enter valid Frequency, (note this) or you will be searching for nothing,
Direction: Search Left Or Right till you get a lock,
Store when found,(Green Button)
Hit BLUE to search,
HIGHLIGHT:Automatic Transponder Scan & ENTER,
Enter network to which satellite you just found,
Wait till it locks,
Then Start Scan and Save,
Exit or search for another Satellite,

Wobbler

Reaction score
My Location
Essex, UK
Yes, I follow these steps OK using image 1.07, but when upping to the latest 1.08 the commands to move the dish do nothing.

Have tried changing the voltage levels without success.

Ayone else get problems with motor control under 1.08 ?

Thanks

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Hi Wobbler
No problem here using the 108 _2images. Maybe your image is corrupt. Had this problem using the Lucien image. The signal bar would not work correctly,It only worked on 19.2e. So my answer to you would be to do a reflash using good firmware, ie w*w.dreambox.net.au and try again it definitely works.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
To all those suffering with motor problems:
Try the SF image, it is the best go to xx motor image I ever had on my dreambox, and believe me, I tried them all!!
I am 100% positive it is better and more stable than the Hydra.

Wobbler

Reaction score
My Location
Essex, UK
Thanks for the help guys.

John - my initial use of a 1.08 image was from the Ozzy site, maybe it was corrupt and messed up some of my files somewhere. I seem to have got into a situation now where I can't do anything.

Thanks T_G - I got the latest SF image and copied it to the DB using the Dreambox Control Center, then went to Setup - Expert - Software Update - Manual Update as advised, but there is no image to update (in the flash?), just shows 'tmp'.

Looking at the /tmp folder via ftp the image is there - root.cramfs 5.79Mb. the other files in there are 'cardserv', 'emu', 'emu.kill', 'emu.prev', 'pmt.tmp', and 'pnrm.tmp'.

Anything obviously wrong there ?

Thanks.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Wobbler said:
Thanks for the help guys.

John - my initial use of a 1.08 image was from the Ozzy site, maybe it was corrupt and messed up some of my files somewhere. I seem to have got into a situation now where I can't do anything.

Thanks T_G - I got the latest SF image and copied it to the DB using the Dreambox Control Center, then went to Setup - Expert - Software Update - Manual Update as advised, but there is no image to update (in the flash?), just shows 'tmp'.

Looking at the /tmp folder via ftp the image is there - root.cramfs 5.79Mb. the other files in there are 'cardserv', 'emu', 'emu.kill', 'emu.prev', 'pmt.tmp', and 'pnrm.tmp'.

Anything obviously wrong there ?

Thanks.

Hmmmm Wobbler, I am not sure what is going on there.
Is it a 7000 you got?
I am not sure though why you have used this complicated method to load up an image, I can't see the advantage of it.
I have loaded up almost all the images for the 5620 in the last year without any problems (other than self inflicted in the name of science :D ) using the Dreamuplan prog. I have tried the flashwizard, and some others but always came back to the good old Dreamuplan. Maybe I am set in my ways.....

My (idiot) advice is: Go and stuff the SF image by conventional manner up your Dreambox flash and start from there. Last time I have done it it took less than 8 minutes, and I had everything up and running including channels etc.
The download of the external addons took a few more, and that's it.

Wobbler

Reaction score
My Location
Essex, UK
Hi T_G, still floundering about like a headless chicken...
Yes, it's a 7000, had it a few months, keep having a go, getting nowehere and leaving it for a few weeks, this time I am determined to stick with the bugger.

I did use DreamUpLan some time ago but it went doolally and I had to use the fallback null modem cable to get the box working again, that's why I thought I would try DreamBox Control Centre.

I used DreamUpLan now with successful transfer, well kind of.
Had to 3-key the box to get it to start, then again with the 'up' key to erase flash, and I now have the box running, although it's all in Czech so can't understand much.

Will have to try and find a SF image in English.

Also my DreamUpLan may be too old - it's -
'DreamUPLAN v1.20 (c) 2002 by W. Zissler'

Notwithstanding these few (LOL) problems I manage to navigate to the motor setup menu, and it's still buggered, no movement on the dish !

Deep Joy...

Wobbler

Reaction score
My Location
Essex, UK
I am at a loss now as to what to try next.
Have gone back to basics and been doing all testing via serial cable (I tried DreamUpLan again but it failed - just carried on counting ad infinitum on the Flash command), loaded the official 1.07 and the motor commands work, load the 1.08 official image and they don't.
I don't suppose there is any point in trying to get help from the German site, the forum there doesn't seem very helpful.
Maybe I am just stuck with 1.7 and wait for the next release.
Bugger.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try using flashwizard Pro, one of the easiest utilities around, I had problems with Dreamup lan as well, ended up having to reflash by serial port.

racingclubuk

Reaction score
Website
www.racingclubfc.com
My Satellite Setup
IBM Supercomputer
My Location
Ogmore by Sea - South Wales
wobbler - I'm having probs with my motor as well....

have you resolved your problem? I'm thinking of trying Hydra Olympia as its a 1.07 image to see if that works?

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Hi Wobbler
Hmm, I only got a 5620 so I am not sure about the problems with the Dreamuplan...
Regarding the language with the SF that should not be a problem as you can either change the "Locale" or download it from the Addons menu directly from the internet.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
T_G said:
Hi Wobbler
Hmm, I only got a 5620 so I am not sure about the problems with the Dreamuplan...
Regarding the language with the SF that should not be a problem as you can either change the "Locale" or download it from the Addons menu directly from the internet.

Hi wobbler again

Try out Rolfs way did this loads of times and found it excellent. It should work without any problems. Download flash wizzard pro 4.5 works well.

Wobbler

Reaction score
My Location
Essex, UK
Thanks Rolf and John, yes Flashwizard PRO worked fine where DreamUpLan failed.

'Flashwizard PRO 4.5b rotorfix' sounded hopeful that it may do something in the motor department, but no, after reflashing the latest SF image there is still no control of the motor.

racing - no, I'm still buggered, I may try that Hydra image also. One if the many threads I have been reading mentioned a 'Peter Pan' image that had fixed someone's major motor agg, so am trying to find that at the moment. Was back in August - http://www.sat-industry.net/forums/showthread.php?t=12591

One day may get this damned thing working so can watch some footy, grrrrrr.

Dreambox 7000S - 80cm dish 30W to 42E - motor and LNB unknown

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wobbler, you should be able to move the moter manually through the moter setup menu. There is something wrong with your setup somewhere. What motor do you have?

Wobbler

Reaction score
My Location
Essex, UK
Well I don't think so TG, I mean it works pefect in 1.07, just refuses to move with 1.08. As to what motor I have, no idea as I didn't install it, it's just a motor that pushes out a piston and is controlled by 4 wires coming from the positioner. It has worked fine for years, used to be hooked up to my old analog Pace tuner/positioner but since moving to the DB I was advised by the shop that the best way to go was with this external VBox doodah.

I am wondering if there are issues with my setup under 1.08 which haven't come to light as nobody else uses an external Vbox perhaps. It's a Edon 2150 VBox positioner which receives the Disecq commands through the coax and translates them into 36v to go down the 4-core ribbon cable - well that's my understanding of it.

Maybe worthwhile if I started a new thread, referring to this one, with a title of say 'VBox positioner - problems with 1.08'

Thanks for your interest anyroadup.