EPG listing on an 'Irish' Digibox to be used in the U. K.

ShayK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
S.E. Ireland (Sunny South East)
I have recently returned to live in the UK form Southern Ireland and brought over my 'Irish' Digibox (The decoder is NOT subject to any contract).

I am awaiting my Free to View card from the BBC.

As the EPG listing for the UK FTV channels are 101 = BBC one, 102 = BBC 2, 103 = ITV1, 104 = Channel 4, 105 = Channel 5

The EPG listing on my 'Irish' Digibox are 101 = RTE 1, 102 = Network 2, 103 = TV 3, 104 = T na G as it had been used in Sth. Ireland.

Question is

When I get my new UK FTV card and get it switched on will the UK F.T.V. EPG listing overwrite the Irish EPG listing that are in the Digibox or will I have to force a software upgrade or what happens.

Any assistance with this issue would be appreciated.

ShayK

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The EPG channel listing will appear according to what's on the card, so the UK listings should automatically appear, you should still be able to swap and use your Irish card as well.

ShayK

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
S.E. Ireland (Sunny South East)
Rolf,

Thanks for the assistance. I will post how I get on.

With regards to the 'Irish' card the accounts has been cancelled and only allows the Free To Air channels.

ShayK

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, but you may of course still want to watch the Irish FTV channels on occasions, even if just for some added variety or a different slant on the news.

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello Rolf

I don't think there are any 'ftv' Irish Cannels.

You need a $ky subcription to get any of the RTE broadcasts via satellite.

It's a shame because I would love to be able to get them, but will have to set up an Irsih bank account first.

Rupe has now put a premium on Credit Card subcriptions thus closing another loop-hole.

Regards

W.H.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Oops, that'll perhaps teach me to read the post I'm answering properly. :rolleyes: