epg ?

davemaden

Reaction score
My Location
lancashire , england
im running dreamelite1.3.3 and when i press info im only getting now and next on 28e is this as good as it gets or is it possible to get epg for the day and multi epg? thanks

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
No it is a LOT better. You can get full EPG for most European channels on DreamElite. Press blue button then at top you see the a red EPG in the list, press red and select the channel package you're after. Set up auto update if you want or you can download the EPG whenever you want (even if you have set up auto update). The EPG is typically seven days. I am not at the dreamobox at the moment. If you need further help shout, but it is quite straight forward.

davemaden

Reaction score
My Location
lancashire , england
hi can you please give me step by step as i cant seem to get better than now and next . ive pressed blue then red and moved to sky uk and pressed okthen pressed yellow to d/load and message says "wait please for epg to complete and press red to exit" . is this correct as message has been on screen for 15 mins how long should it take and are there any settings i need to alter in dream elite E2 epg settings menu? like the "open tv epg loader " should this be ticked or unticked ? thanks sorry to sound thick but its my first dreambox and ive done loads of reading . thanks again

davemaden

Reaction score
My Location
lancashire , england
ok sorted it now thanks for your help , whilst im on this looks a great box boots up immediately , can you tell me what else this box can do ive got all sats installed and now have epg , idont want to do anything too technical as its my first dreambox but what else is it possible for me to use the box for i.e. what can be easily d/loaded to the box from addons etc . thanks

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2xDM7025(DVB-S tuner), DM600SPVR, DM800S, DM500S HD, Triax 90cm with MultiBracket 4 sats.
My Location
Europe
The only way to learn about the dreambox is to try the different options. Addons can be downloaded through the blue button and then pressing the addon button (clour of text in side panel). Then try the addons. You can also manually download the addons, copy them to /tmp on the dreambox and then do a manual install through the blue button.

davemaden

Reaction score
My Location
lancashire , england
hi , im having trouble getting a decent epg on the 500hd ive pressed blue then red and entered dream elite epg settings and d/loaded satmate sky uk , but im only getting epg for now and next , cant get all day epg . i did have all day epg but seems to have gone back to now and next. which epg do you use and can you only use one or can you d/load a few at once . thanks dave

shumifan50

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Europe
You can use several at the same time. I found the best for Sky is Rytec's EPG. You have to wait for the download to finish before pressing red or exit.