Epg

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
Anyone help?
The default EPG display on ydra Lucien just shows a short vertical list for the channel one is looking at, sometimes one or two entries. Last week, after a few too many glasses of wine, I fumbled the buttons and got a banner EPG showing all channels in a bouquet like a spread sheet. I do not know how I did it. I had to re-flash to clear a log jam and now its back to default.
(OK I can shift a few more glasses but I might do damage.)

zanders

Reaction score
My Location
Hampshire, UK
When you have the channels selected by pressing the Tv button press the video button which will change the view of channels giving you a spreadsheet type view etc.

Just keep pressing the video button to get it back to default.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Same trick works on both EPG and channel list.

Also, did you know (on my image at least) that if you hit the info button twice, quickly, insead of getting the program info, you get the stream info. Usefull!

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
haggard said:
Anyone help?

While on any channel press the yellow button > this opens Plugins > choose > MV and you have it!

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
BGonaSTICK said:
Same trick works on both EPG and channel list.

Also, did you know (on my image at least) that if you hit the info button twice, quickly, insead of getting the program info, you get the stream info. Usefull!

Yes, good tip.
It has to be very quick. Then its 3 pages of stream info including the sometimes v useful one with freq, bitrate etc.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
gameboy said:
While on any channel press the yellow button > this opens Plugins > choose > MV and you have it!

hmmm
I had not knowingly downloaded the MV add-on before I did the last re-flash.
This is odd. I will dig out the manual and see if there is a hint.

djlemur

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
On the hydra images, double clicking the red button also gives the multi EPG view.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
djlemur said:
On the hydra images, double clicking the red button also gives the multi EPG view.
I'll bet that is what I did, thinking I was using a mouse.
I'l give it a try tonight, not there's much to EPG at the mo.

nissen

Reaction score
Is it possible to get more that only a few entries of epg data

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
nissen said:
Is it possible to get more that only a few entries of epg data
What you see is what they send. Altho the official EPG might have the ability to display more.
It is, I agree, very irritating to have only the current movie and an indication that there will be 18 mins of nothing thereafter. There are some good guides, like
ht**p://www.ultimatetvguide.com/kioskppv.htm
that alert you to when to get ready to record.

btw, I have lost full page epg after reloading zeus. Double click red doesnt do it. Its the same old zeus image so i wonder if the new CP has done that . . .

pant

Reaction score
This is something I cant understand

In some channels like Tv2 norge or Tv norge when I press the red button for the epg then sometimes I get 2 entries (the current program and the next) and some times I get the weekly program.Is this problem with my image (zeus) or is the channels?

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
pant said:
This is something I cant understand

In some channels like Tv2 norge or Tv norge when I press the red button for the epg then sometimes I get 2 entries (the current program and the next) and some times I get the weekly program.Is this problem with my image (zeus) or is the channels?

Pant, there is something different with zeus now on EPG. Only CP has changed hasnt it, so maybe something is out that used to be in. I will keep fiddling. I get full page EPG using web browser and I set record timer there, its so easy, click on the clock once.