epl 2007/8 premiere?

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
I was just wondering about the epl on germany's premiere.
Are they just going to be on the fussball channel or others as have seen where you can just buy per package. e.g fussball, sport etc.
Also will they show the same amount more or less as showtime arabia
Thanks in advance.

JojjeFox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
So far nothing.
My Location
Skellefteå, Sweden.
If they buy Bundesliga rights, I guess there will be less EPL games. I have heard 320 games, but if they are going to show Bundesliga as well, I don't know if it's gonna be that many. Don't know about packages and that.

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
All EPL is on Premiere Sport Portal and can be subscribed to for €9,99 a month. I believe some Carling Cup football was on Arena last season but was probably encoded and I don't think it would have been included in the Football Subscription. DSF used to have FA and Carling Cup football. With the Carling Cup DSF only ever showed the first 90 minutes. Most annoying when the game went to extra time.

The Football Subscription also gives you Champions League (all matches) and various other leagues. As far as i'm aware all football on Premiere is in 4:3 which is quite annoying as Arena sends in 16:9 as do the free channels. EPL pic leaves a lot to be desired and is not half as good a quality as what's shown on SKY.

If I rememer rightly, Arena have the Bundesliga rights for another few years so I wouldn't worry about that affecting EPL matches and when Premiere did have the Bundesliga, they showed just as much EPL as now. The Premiere website says they can show UP TO 320 matches, but i wouldn't expect that many.

I have read on the forum that Premiere is available using certain CAMs and cards and that Arena is also viewable using these.

If anyone has any info on what is necessary for this please PM me. I'm a complete noob when it comes to this and couldn't even find the correct forum to post this request in!

Thanks,

Methos

yaya

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 5620, 1m dish
My Location
Europe
Do we know yet exactly what premiere will be showing regards premiership football? Now that they have bundesliga as well will premiership take a back seat??? Cheers fellas

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

Salty25

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ Pace v3, and before that analouge 80cm dish with Prima by Pace box pointed at 19.2e (not very imaginative then!)
My Location
Colchester, Essex
Now, I personally wouldn't advice holding your breath on Premiere.

According to this - http://info.premiere.de/inhalt/eng/medienzentrum_news_uk_19072007.jsp - statement regarding the buying back of rights from Arena, it states that where Premier League games are played at the same time as Bundesliga games (on Saturday when BL games ko at 2.30pm GMT and PL game ko at 3.00pm GMT), the Premiere League games will all appear on one screen on simulcast.

This means that they go from game-to-game when goals occur, which isn't much good to anyone who wants to watch a whole game from kick-off to final whistle. For the price, it's not worth it.