Error!!

RedDevil_UK

Specialist Contributor
Messages
1,761
Likes
34
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
#1
i was looking through my TV channels and noticed TPS Star had disapeared???

so i did a hotbird transponder scan to see if it picked it up again..... about 40 seconds from the end of the scan i go

FATAL ERROR!
COULD NOT OPEN SERVICE FILE

oh no!! now all the channels i want to watch have gone off, my cams and keys dont open them??

i am gonna have to do a flash erase again, i cant get multi8 and i want to watch the United game at 3pm

is there an easier way?
 

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Messages
4,305
Likes
5
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
#2
RedDevil_UK said:
i am gonna have to do a flash erase again, i cant get multi8 and i want to watch the United game at 3pm
Did you get it fixed for the game?
 

john_graydon

Specialist Contributor
Messages
2,219
Likes
3
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
#3
gameboy said:
Did you get it fixed for the game?
Its just as well he didnt see the utd game. Arsenal jammy as usual.
 

RedDevil_UK

Specialist Contributor
Messages
1,761
Likes
34
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
#4
i sorted the DB out for 13 degrees (multi8) and watched the game... although it was crap!

then i put in a new 300gig Hard drive ... works fine :)
 

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,641
Likes
212
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#5
RedDevil_UK said:
i sorted the DB out for 13 degrees (multi8) and watched the game... although it was crap!

then i put in a new 300gig Hard drive ... works fine :)
I tell you what, one thing I almost never do is scan for new channels. I use the LLama, can't be bothered with that scanning. Result - never experienced what you had...
 

djlemur

Regular Member
Messages
113
Likes
0
Location
Hampshire, UK
My Satellite Setup
DM7000 + 300Gb + Gemini, HH100 Rotor, 0.8m Offset Dish, 0.3db Invacom LNB
My Location
Hampshire, UK
#6
RedDevil_UK said:
FATAL ERROR!
COULD NOT OPEN SERVICE FILE
Two tips when scanning:
1. Make sure there is enough space in flash (or wherever you are running the image from) to store the results. Not enough free space leads the the above error.
2. Only scan 1 sat at a time, then exit out of the menu completely, before scanning the next. I have seen the DB get confused about which channel belongs on which sat before...

HTH
 

haggard

Regular Member
Messages
467
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
#7
T_G said:
I tell you what, one thing I almost never do is scan for new channels. I use the LLama, can't be bothered with that scanning. Result - never experienced what you had...
TG,
Using Llama,
I wanted to redistribute all those channels that show up in the "unknown" provider and delete those that were a nuisance. I could sure move (actually copy rather than move) Multivisions and TPSs to the TPS provider but I could never find a way to delete the now unwanted "unknown" folder. What did I miss?
 

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Messages
6,641
Likes
212
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
#8
haggard said:
TG,
Using Llama,
I wanted to redistribute all those channels that show up in the "unknown" provider and delete those that were a nuisance. I could sure move (actually copy rather than move) Multivisions and TPSs to the TPS provider but I could never find a way to delete the now unwanted "unknown" folder. What did I miss?
I am not sure that I understand what you are trying to do, so not sure what to answer. If you want to deleta a channel, just single click on it in Dreamboxedit and press the delete button on your keyboard. if you want to delete a bouqet right click on it and choose delete on the menu.

Let me know if this was it, but I suspect you had something different in mind.
 
Top