ESPN America Europe

Fatshaw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat HD PVR
My Location
Northants
Hi there ,

I've been looking for a few days now and have found no definate answers so thought I would see if you guys could help.I'm looking to pick up ESPN America the European feed as pain free and cheaply as possible. Doers anyone know where i should start?
I beleive CANAL+ carry it in France however i think i would stumble across subscription issues is that right?
All help appreciated.
Cheers
Jason

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Jmal555 may be on in a moment, but in my experience, theres not much out there unless you are able to fit a large dish, and start some subscription from overseas.

There has been some talk of BSk yB offering some of the content, but nothing has been signed as yet, and of course you would have a useless box in your house for anything else, as well as a telephone socket and years subbie to think about.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The easiest way to get ESPN America is via Sky UK. Probably far cheaper than getting it via a foreign sub as well.

Fatshaw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat HD PVR
My Location
Northants
ESPN America UK is a completely different feed to European feed. The European feed has full rights to the NFL which i'm interested in.
I have relatives in France so subscription through their address might be possible. Also a German provider has it as part of their FTA coverage i beleive.
There must be a way to pick up a feed from Europe somewhere...well i hope so lol

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
ESPN America is on almost all the European sats:

_http://en.kingofsat.net/find.php?question=espn&Submit=Zap

As you can see all versions are scrambled.

Fatshaw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat HD PVR
My Location
Northants
Thanks for the info.
Pardon my ignorance but what does that mean?Is there a way around it?Pre paid card?An actual subscription?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Subscriptions required.

If the French version has what you want then subbing via your contacts in France is by far the best way to go about it.

Fatshaw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat HD PVR
My Location
Northants
OK.Would it matter which feed i got it through then? Is there a easier one to get eg.smaller dish,cheaper box?

Sorry I am a complete novice. All this info is much appreciated.

Cheers

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Dunno - its up to you to find out if that version has exactly what you want. If it is - go for it and enjoy your programming. :)

You would need a dish aligned at Astra 1 cluster at 19E for the CanalSat channels, although we can confirm further later when you have decided exactly which package you want.

Fatshaw

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Freesat HD PVR
My Location
Northants
What size dish and receiver would i need?Yes I have family there, would i need to get them to take a contract out then or can i do it all and use their address?

All i want is that channel really...I know that's probably alot of money for one channel.

I think the package i need is the basic plus sports which is called CANALSAT PASSIONNEMENT 1.

Thanks for all your help btw!

Jmal555

NFL dude
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+ HD, TM-3500 D+ USB PVR, CD Total (FI)
My Location
Surrey
Fatshaw said:
Hi there ,

I've been looking for a few days now and have found no definate answers so thought I would see if you guys could help.I'm looking to pick up ESPN America the European feed as pain free and cheaply as possible. Doers anyone know where i should start?
I beleive CANAL+ carry it in France however i think i would stumble across subscription issues is that right?
All help appreciated.
Cheers
Jason

Hi Jason,

I've been looking into this as well and what I gathered is that the cheapest way to get it (unless you friends in Europe) is to buy the TV Vlaanderen Plus package for a year. I think the cheapest broker price I've found is about £350.

Hope this helps.