iceman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.0m Motorised Channel Master + 4 fixed dish Amstrad_DRX890C
DM7020s,DM800se
UNOHM EP314 PROMAX TV Explorer
My Location
Kyrenia - NORTH CYPRUS
Does anyone have any information about the ethernet connection at the back of the new Thomson DSI8215 Sky+ HD Digibox?
I know it is probably there for some "future" use but i would like to know more about it...
My networking knowledge is very limited but i believe through this connection the HDD on skybox could be accessed...(not sure if the recorded stream files will be any good if encrypted tho)
I connected a "cross" cable between a PC and the digibox and got a connection on the taskbar...(with an exclamation mark..(IP issues)
When i went into properties i found the mac address of the box and IP address as well as the subnet mask...when i entered these into my PC i managed to get a connection without the exclamation mark...
So......Looks like i managed a healthy connection between the box and the PC..
but as i previously pointed out my networking knowledge is very little so at this point i dont know what to do next.........any ideas?

s0ul

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
great m8
My Location
uk
tbh m8 if u look * sky now they are taking about a sky anytime feature to your tv . which can only mean streaming via the net to your digibox someway. as thats the only way to stream to a box. ( ie like on demand on cable , watch what u want when u want. ) if not for thats i aint got a clue .

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
iceman said:
Does anyone have any information about the ethernet connection at the back of the new Thomson DSI8215 Sky+ HD Digibox?
I know it is probably there for some "future" use but i would like to know more about it...
My networking knowledge is very limited but i believe through this connection the HDD on skybox could be accessed...(not sure if the recorded stream files will be any good if encrypted tho)
I connected a "cross" cable between a PC and the digibox and got a connection on the taskbar...(with an exclamation mark..(IP issues)
When i went into properties i found the mac address of the box and IP address as well as the subnet mask...when i entered these into my PC i managed to get a connection without the exclamation mark...
So......Looks like i managed a healthy connection between the box and the PC..
but as i previously pointed out my networking knowledge is very little so at this point i dont know what to do next.........any ideas?

You are delving into the black art of rear entry into BSkyB, and for that you should be sent into the same pit of obscurity as those that accessed the CI slots, cunningly hidden by a metal plate and some iffy firmware.

We are not worthy (at least this site isn't as far as condoning fox hunting).:cool: