Euro on line sat card

guardian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
A friend of mine signed up for the "Europe online" satellite broad band service ,which also provided all the free to air Tv programs,he is using the Europe online DVB card supplied by EOL and after a lot of Teething problems he got it working but now he can't get the tv stations,he just gets a black screen. however he can still get his downloads and he can still get the teletext for the tv stations and the icon on the taskbar shows green(meaning that he has a strong signal)So the broadband side is still working but not the tv side Has any one any experience with these cards and could you offer any suggestions on what might have gone wrong??

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
These are normally the Skystar2 cards, so they should be fine with DVB broadcasts. Has he tried using it with MyTheatre or ProgDVB?

There can also be a problem with the EOL cards requiring unlocking and there is a utility available to so do.

guardian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
rolfw said:
These are normally the Skystar2 cards, so they should be fine with DVB broadcasts. Has he tried using it with MyTheatre or ProgDVB?

There can also be a problem with the EOL cards requiring unlocking and there is a utility available to so do.

Thanks for the reply.The utility you mentioned ,can he download it from anywhere or does he need to buy it

Regards guardian

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
It's a free unlock file, you can get it HERE, You really need to make sure that it is actually the card that is locked first though.

What software is he using for TV viewing, these cards are notorious for initial installation problems.

guardian

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
rolfw said:
It's a free unlock file, you can get it HERE, You really need to make sure that it is actually the card that is locked first though.

What software is he using for TV viewing, these cards are notorious for initial installation problems.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the information.I have forwarded it to him but he informs me that he has resolved the problem by flattening the drive and re-installing everything.
He tried installing the software over the original installation but that didn't work
so he did it the hard way and formatted and did a complete clean install
The software he is using came with the card from EOL that's all I can tell you about it.Everything is now working.

Thanks again for replying
regards guardian