Euro1080 test transmissions

G

gcohen

Has anyone at the fringe been able to recieve the test transmissions for the HDTV service which is supposed to be on Astra 1H at 19E at 12.168Mhz Vertical, 27.5 and 3/4.
I can just about get Vox from Astra 1H on a 1.2 ChannelMaster in Israel but there is no sign of Euro1080.

Geoffrey C

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Sorry to say but your dish is to small for the stable reception from Astra 1h at your location

This transponder is located on the Astra 1 H satellite for normally Europe reception Only

Additionally the signal is HDTV 1080I format requiring specific recieving equipment due to the hi bit rate of the transmission - M= 18 MPS Max is 40MBS

It is not impossible at your location but potentially a very expensive option I would suggest.

best regards

Old Satellite

G

gcohen

Old Satellite
Thanks for your reply
My dish may be small but I can get VOX and the RTL services from Astra 1H on 12.188H - I am wondering if the HDTV test transmissions are at lower power.
Do you know - or can you say if the signal strength measures lower when seen on a FTA reciever signal strength display.
TechiSat make a PC card which does the image processing.

Geoffrey C

Lurky2000

Reaction score
Hi GCohen,

I was curious if you were lucky in your quest for Astra 1H. We're also trying to receive Astra 1H from Rosh Ha'ayin in Israel, but cant receive the transponder we're interested in (TP87) using the 1.80 Meter dish we have. I thought it might be possible to receive this transponder using a 3 Meter, or at worst, a 4.5 Meter dish. We need this in order to monitor a channel we're broadcasting in Germany (VIC-TV.NET DE1).

Feel free to get in touch with me
Bezalel
(bezalel@screenpeaks.com)