EuroBird & Dish Size & Wrestling Channel

bradmill

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South West
Hi,

I have a comag portable satellite with a dish that's close to the size of a sky mini dish, and was trying to get "the wrestling Channel" of Eurobird. I have entered the correct transponder settings into my receiver ( which is another question i'm gonna post about but anyway.... ) and I can get the other channels on that transponder.

So that makes me think its my dish size, I have notice previous postings on this website about people were talking about converting dbw into dish sizes, but the links to the websites don't work anyone. So does anyone body know how to do the maths or know of a website or even no if what I'm saying makes sense or is correct ?

Your replies will be greatfully received

Please help a puzzled member

Cheers

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Eurobird should be fine with a minidish from the West Country, just checking a new scan to see if the Wrestling channel comes up.

bradmill

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South West
Thanks for the quick response,

According to the website and looking at eurobird's footprint - 56dBw. My dish of 40cm should be fine ( using a 0.3 LN:cool:. So now that blows my theory of dish size - now confussed ?

I loaded the following transponder into my receiver = EuroBird 1 (28.5E) - 11260.00 V -27500 2/3 and can see a some of the channels as stated on lyngsat, like audi, open etc.

So I'm I missing something ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Are you saying it didn't find it, or it found it and you can't see it? It is listed on mine as TWC.

bradmill

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South West
It didn't find it, does not come on the channel list, when I scan the sat or even when I do a manual scan of the TP ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
How many channels does it find, I couldn't find it at first, but was expecting to see "Wrestling Channel", or "The Wrestling Channel", but instead found "TWC".

bradmill

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South West
It finds about 5 or 6, can't see TWC either ???

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
It may find it as something else, you could go into channel edit and add it manually, you can get the pids from Lyngsat.

bradmill

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South West
ah didn't realise you could do that - will give that a go.

Thanks for your help