Eurobird feeds - aren't they a lot stronger now?

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
Eurobird feeds - aren't they a lot stronger now?

My receiver (Fortec Ultimate) can now easily pull in most feeds (when they're available) as well as the Olisat channels (99.9% of the time).

Is this just me or have the rest of you seen similar results of late? It all seemed to happen in the last couple of weeks. Did Eutelsat rejig the bird when all the Czech/Slovak channels left?

FWIW using a 65/70cm dish pointed at 19.2e with 28.2/5e offset.

Getting some good signals on Hispa as well now that I've got a bigger indoor dish! A couple of SCPC feeds coming through that wouldn't have before.

Skip Channel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28e, 19e, 13e, 30w
My Location
England
It's hard to say. My Hispa system isn't the most ideal. At the moment I'm using the Technisat digidish 45 (was using a 40cm round Lidl Porty dish) and it's behind double glazing. The dish now has a Smart Titanium twin LNB on it.

I'm getting the DTH stuff great now except for stuff like 11579 H, 11615 H - 12547 V and the Manasat one come in occasionally.

That gives you an idea on what I get on permanent frequencies. The feeds seem to be hit and miss (more miss than anything else) and I'm not sure how much is to do with my setup and how much is to do with the nature of the feeds. Plus, the weather conditions here in the last few days haven't been great (heavy cloud, snow/sleet).

I'm in southern England and I'm using a Fortec Ultimate receiver. Madeira is a bit out in the Atlantic isn't it? But I guess it's nearer to the centre of the Hispa footprint than my location and you've got a 1.2m dish presumably outside! So I'd say it might be worth giving a go. I've been getting more frequent feeds with better reception on Eurobird (65/70cm dish outside!) but that's probably worse in your location!!

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
I guess I might get better reception on some Hispasat transponders than you. The ones you talked about, well, some, are very easy to get over here. Manasat is of the strongest ones.
On Eurobirds I have a very faint signal. My box needs 16% signal strength for me to able to watch anything. At 28.2°E I'm only getting 5% on the strongest transponders.
12207 V
12285 V

I'm might replace the cables and lnb and see if it makes any difference.