europe & american channels has gone

sisi_sssi

Reaction score
hi!
after yesterday's stromy weather , all of the europe & american channels has gone ( except nilsat's channels ,which has another NLB ) .
May the NLB make a problem ???
pls. send me a reply & help me to resolve the problem
thanks

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Could be the LNB, could be the dish out of allignment, or perhaps water in the cable, all of these need to be checked, where are you?

sisi_sssi

Reaction score
hi rolfw !
i'm so glad of your response . this morning i think :"why rolfw don't pay attention of me & my quetions ;) i'm from iran & new user of this great site . [pardon for grammar]
my husband check the dish & it does'nt move .tonight we will chek the LNB & the cable .
thanks rolfw :)

sisi_sssi

Reaction score
but rolfw , i think both of 2 LNBs attached with the same cable to our receiver ,so the cable has not a problem cus the nilesat's channels ( with another LN:cool: have signal & work properly .
what can we do for adjusting the other LNB ???

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, so I presume that you have a DiseqC switch in line, have you checked the settings in the LNB menu of your receiver?

An easy way to check the second LNB is to connect the cable direct to the second LNB and try the channels.

sisi_sssi

Reaction score
Is it possibe that the DiseqC switch is out of order because of the thunder ?
if it is possible , what can i do to prevent ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Because the DiseqC switch is exposed, there isn't too much protection you can provide, but it is certainly a possibility that it has gone.

sisi_sssi

Reaction score
My dealer came & check the switch , LNB & dish . he adjust the switch & LNB & align the dish and scan all of hotbird's channels again & all of the channels furthermore the new channels scanned and also the quality of some of the channels is better :) [ may be for slower auto scan ? ]

But he said that the wrong frequency occured the problem !!!

It is True ??? Does the wrong frequeny make hang the switch ???

pardon pour les fautes grammaticaux . [ my english is not good :( et le francais aussi ]