Eurosport languages

johnscotty

Reaction score
I seem to recall back in the analogue days that you could tune in to a foreign Eurosport and tweek the box to get different languages. (Though I never actually tried it)

Currently I can get Eurosport in german on digital and obviously the language is German. Is there any options on digital to get other languages?

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
johnscotty said:
I seem to recall back in the analogue days that you could tune in to a foreign Eurosport and tweek the box to get different languages. (Though I never actually tried it)

You should be able to change language what satellite and receiver are you using.

Check for an audio button on the remote and try pressing it.

Once you've changed the prefered language for that channel the receiver will remember it.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The 19E digital version of Eurosport only carries the German soundtrack. If you want English you need the analogue version ;)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
... and it's also available elsewhere in a number of other languages last time I checked... French on 13E, two Nordic languages on 1W and Portuguese on 30W.

johnscotty

Reaction score
gameboy said:
You should be able to change language what satellite and receiver are you using.

Check for an audio button on the remote and try pressing it.

Once you've changed the prefered language for that channel the receiver will remember it.

I have a Humax F1 VAC but in typical fashion the remote went wrong and I am using a universal which does most things - alas the language option (which I had forgot about) doesn't appear on the replacement.

johnscotty

Reaction score
Analoguesat said:
The 19E digital version of Eurosport only carries the German soundtrack. If you want English you need the analogue version ;)

Analoguesat - quite an interesting one there where the old technology still works and has the edge! - I do have an old box somewhere in the garage!

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Can't get access to my box just now - recording.

I will check out EuroSport on 13 deg East and also tell you where it is available in English.

I know for sure on some EuroSport channels I have the option to choose the language (digital).

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Checked this morning and it's on a lot of Satellites but not in English.

Did find it encrypted on 30 deg West in English but the audio was showing Portuguese - very odd.

Looks like its out with the old analogue receiver for the English FTA Hotbird offering.

Or you could learn German!

johnscotty

Reaction score
gameboy said:
Checked this morning and it's on a lot of Satellites but not in English.

Did find it encrypted on 30 deg West in English but the audio was showing Portuguese - very odd.

Looks like its out with the old analogue receiver for the English FTA Hotbird offering.

Or you could learn German!

Gameboy
Thanks for the effort though your last suggestion is no good - I did try a few years back and gave it up as very bad job!

Cheers

John

greg-h

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 meter dish
60 cm dish-sky
applo analouge reciver
grundig digital reciver
thinking of buying technomate 5000ci or
manathan plaza 300-ir
My Location