Eurovision Song Festival - clean/english

BarMoo

Post Meister
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
Since this weekends ESC2003 will be a Terry or Ken free experience - that's Terry Wogan and Ken Bruce of BBC fame ......

- my current option is the German state broadcaster; which, as an ESC enthusiast doesn't get me all spunk'd up for the affair (I'm actually thinking for the first time in 15yrs to get a DVD out?).

Whatever, and before everyone sees fit to mock, I wondered if there were any sat members:

1). interested in the ESC and;

2). who also knew whether the contest can be nabbed from a bird as a clean feed.

Thanks in advance,

Mark.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Got to confess to watching quite a few of them Mark, wouldn't be the same without Terry's comments though, I'm wondering whether it may be going out on BBC Prime.

Dougpol

Yep, on Prime. With big Tel. My party is happening already....hic!

I heard on ITV news channel today that Terry confessed he can't get through the dross and stay funny without a few stiff ones
( you all know what I mean).

JD

Dougpol

Mark, jump on the Berlin - Bratislawa express, not forgetting to jump off in Katowice, Poland and join our Eurovison Party. It's going to be massive.
And bring your drinking shoes!

Hurray for Big Tel!

JD

N

net1

The Eurovision Song contest is launching a kids version of the 15 nation contest. Child stars aged 8-15 will have their own final in Copenhagen on November the 15th and it will air on ITV.

BarMoo

Post Meister
My Satellite Setup
2xPace 430N, 1xNokia MM9800, 1xNokia 80cm Sat Dish, 1xGibertini 120cm, Big Fat Furry Puss
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
LOL :D

Thanks for the offer Dougpol !

Thankfully a friend in England is recording it for me. I was even more thankful that I was in the supermarket when he said that he would. I bought a box not a bottle of wine :p

ESC 2003 can, finally, be preserved in my vast co-lek-shon of trash entertainment.

I say I deserve a nice glass of Chilean Chardonnay - warm or cold - I couldn't give a toss.

It'll put me in the mood for six hours of German Grand Prix madness.

Bets on the songs:

Germany = good old fashioned ESC - could win (they didn't go to war with anyone).

Russia = pushing the boundaries (tops the ESC voter's board at the moment)

Norway = duds in the past, but, in the flow of the show this year's song will grab you (no null point this year me thinks).

UK = top ten possibly (but then the UK do have a war under their belt and are blissfully ignorant of europe as a whole) It won't be a Samantha Janus year though :-)

Prediction: Winner = Norway.

Have a good'n

Mark.

BarMoo

Post Meister
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
@ Net1

Eurovision Pop Idols/Stars in the Eyes - it was on the cards I suppose.

Don't forget that next year they want to turn ESC into a two day affair ;)

Perhaps the two age sets is just that ?

Regards,

Mark.

BarMoo

Post Meister
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berlin, Germany.
LOL !!

Member of the month should be revoked. Still - only a week to go :p

Look. When something is so awful - its great. I could start with the underground, my home town of Bradford (not the Bulls or its famed curries obviously) and Birmingham FC (because football's always mentioned in a list of this kind).

Oh and the 'titties' from Hessen.

Regards,

Mark.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Berkshire
Probably BBC1 with full commentary from Terry Wogan, but i guess that any of the national channels of the competitor nations will show with the multilingual announcer..

PS. This is a very old thread. :)

iceburn

The Russian channel on hotbird, number 1 or something is showing it. Olga will be watching it, and god Russian entry is terrible!!