Eutelsat 11 F3

Chris_Lawn

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi,
I'm new to satellite tv and have just had a 1.1m motorised dish installed with a Televes receiver.
Is it possible to watch the SIS feeds on this satellite? If so, how do I do it?
Cheers,
Chris

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
There are a number of problems for you to overcome here,

Firstly the Eutelsat IIF3 has an inclined orbit typically of 2.0 -2.5 Degrees from normal, this requires the ability to change the elevation on your dish mount to follow the path as the satellite drifts out of its normal geo stationary orbit.

Its not practical to try this by having to adjust this manually each time- espically if your dish is on the roof etc, which mount do you have? and where is your dish located?

Also additionally SIS typically has encripted many of its broadcast signals in the past.

The signals are generally around 44 db in the UK for most parts, so as a result you normally need a 1.2 or bigger for good reception, which dish make do you have and which LNB do you have ?

Regards

Old Satellite

Chris_Lawn

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, Old Satellite.

I have a motorised, 1.1 metre, wall-mounted dish. I don't know the actual make of the dish but it has a universal LNB.

Cheers,
Chris

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Is it possible to identify which dish you have,and also the noise level of your LNB they are normally expressed in DB and a universal is normally around 0.7-1.0 db dependent upon its age?

What type of mount for example do you have a horizon to horizon mount or does it use a jack arm ?. is there a name on the dish and mount and lnb ?

This is important as with out this it is very difficult to provide help as to if you will be able to modify your equipment to receive the SIS transmissions.

regards

Old Satellite

Chris_Lawn

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
The system is brand new but there aren't any names on the dish, mount or lnb.

It is mounted on a vertical arm
The noise level is 0.7
The mount is horizon to horizon

Cheers,
Chris

Old Satellite

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Can you attach a photograph of your system ?

That we we can see if you can modify your system, as I have stated your dish may stuggle due to its size anyway, but there are some 1.10 such as the Triax range of dishes that have a good signal receiving properties.

the question may be would be to to ask your self , how much would you like to recieve SIS .?

regards

Old Satellite

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
It would be possible to view SIS for a few hours each day without modification as the satellite moves through the geostationary arc

Chris_Lawn

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi Old Satellite,
I've attached a pic of the dish (I've got 4 more if you need different angles).

Hope you can sort it from this - I REALLY want to be able to view these feeds.

Cheers,
Chris

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hmmm

A DiSEqc motor on a piece of scaffold between two aerial brackets

Nit much one can do with what youve got, the flexibility of the metalwork behind the gearbox may provide the key with a well positioned broomstick

Looks like you need to change everything unless you can pull the dish from the window with a piece of rope (its been done before !)

Chris_Lawn

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
So what exactly do I need and what will it cost? Are you able to tell whether the feeds are encrypted?

Cheers,
Chris

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Havent looked at this satellite for a while but I do remeber all feeds were in the clear last year, as most people do not bother or cannot track an inclined orbit satellite

Best bet is to stick with what youve got and search the satellite when its passing through the geostationary arc ( I dont know the times but Eutelsat CSC in Paris should be able to )

Once you have this window, scan all frequencies as given on Lyngsat and see if any are live

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
a dish that moves in the same way as the satellite
Effectively there is a daily (sidereal) movement of the satellite that from earth looks as though its making a figure eight above you.

This is about 4 degrees in the vertical plane and less than 1/4 degree in the horizontal but will get more as the months go by until its decomissioned. Your dish needs to have enough gain to receive the signals correctly and accurate tracking to keep up with the satellite position

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Taking everything into consideration, (cost, complexity, the need to view other geostationary satellites, installer loyalty, and most importantly ease of use), it would be best to keep what you have and install a separate 1.5m dish in the garden that link it to the existing system using a manual IF switch.

The positioning system could be a simple 36 volt actuator driven by a two button controlling box, the signal strength given by the receiver would be a rough but ready way of tracking the satellite.

If the dish is visible from indoors it might even be possible to put a marker stick next to the boom arm and elevate the dish to the right position based on an hourly check of its angle of dangle

Why this sudden interest in E2F3 ?What have I been missing ?

Chris_Lawn

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Crikey - that sounds complicated. Do you know any installer in the Tyne & Wear area who would definitely know what he was doing? My installer hadn't a clue?

I have a little hunch about this satellite - which may just be a total waste of money on my part.

Cheers,
Chris

Taking everything into consideration, (cost, complexity, the need to view other geostationary satellites, installer loyalty, and most importantly ease of use), it would be best to keep what you have and install a separate 1.5m dish in the garden that link it to the existing system using a manual IF switch.

The positioning system could be a simple 36 volt actuator driven by a two button controlling box, the signal strength given by the receiver would be a rough but ready way of tracking the satellite.

If the dish is visible from indoors it might even be possible to put a marker stick next to the boom arm and elevate the dish to the right position based on an hourly check of its angle of dangle

Why this sudden interest in E2F3 ?What have I been missing ?

lee32uk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci+ super
Triax 1.1m dish
Diseqc motor
Invacom lnb
My Location
Manchester
There is a dealer in Newcastle who do motorised systems who deal in Channel master,Funke,Triax etc.There site is pretty impressive and they look like they know what there talking about.

www.satellitesuperstore.com

Lee

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I have a little hunch about this satellite - which may just be a total waste of money on my part.

Thats all part of the fun though, blowing large amounts of time and/or money on something completely whimsical. A word of advice though, dont get bitten by the Ebay bug as its highly addictive, even the mortgage has taken second place to somthing that caught my eye last week

Hope the hunch comes off

Chris_Lawn

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Thats all part of the fun though, blowing large amounts of time and/or money on something completely whimsical.

Very true - everybody needs a bit of fun now and again.

dont get bitten by the Ebay bug

No chance of that - can't stand the site.

Hope the hunch comes off

Thanks very much - it will be well worth it if it does.

Cheers,
Chris