Eutelsat 28.5 Transponders Problem

jamestt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100Cm Dish
My Location
malta
Hi. To begin with I had a 1m Dish Motorized and last year I recieved transponders from this bird like CBS Reality,Action Horror, Travel Channel, True Movies, True Entertainment, Food Network etc.

This year I installed another 1m Motorized Dish with the same alignment and when I try to get these channels they are out of signal (No Lock).
As when it came to a particular channel like CBS Drama it beemed as 80% whereas now it beams to 72-76% (If it goes under 72% there will be no picture). The channels mentioned also beamed a signal between 73-75% which was watchable at evenings but now they are under lock.

As I looked at SatBeams to check the Beams I looked that it has Three Beams (S1,S2,Fixed). Since CBS Channels are on the Fixed Beam I questioned myself how can I get CBS Drama but not Reality or Action. Could this be because of Frequency/Transponder power or nothing related?

Is there something to improve reception maybe by a 3-5% on the Bird, maybe by LNB, Dish or other?

Just in Case about my location, im in Malta

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
There have been ongoing and unconfirmed rumours for a while that Eutel 28A is down on power due to some sort of onboard problem. Its also possible that some frequencies have been switched over to the co-located Eutel 28B which will of course have different coverage patterns.

jamestt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100Cm Dish
My Location
malta
Hi AnalogueSat, thanks for your comment. It could so as the signal dropped down using another different dish but same inequalities. Is there a possible chance how I can improve a signal maybe by 3% on the dish or lnb or maybe suggest me a powerful lnb Thanks

Hixxy1

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800/7020Si/7000S, VU+ Duo, Skybox F3 & F5, TM1000D, Skystar 2 DVBdream, Triax TD110, Darkmotor, Inverto Black, Hotbird 13 Zone 2 MK 4, 28.2 Zone 1 MK4
My Location
East Midlands
You could get up the ladders and try tweaking the dish with a meter. That might get you the extra signal. The Inverto Black Ultra lnbs are good.

jamestt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100Cm Dish
My Location
malta
Hi Hixxy1. I tried tweaking the dish's elevation but no luck since the signal achieved to be the highest kept the same. WIll try to look at the Inverto Black Ultra LNB for a chance. I wish to hear from other Sat members on any suggestions if this LNB is good and maybe any other type of advices. Thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Lots of use have found the Black Ultra to be a "cut above".

A key feature is an especially long neck, which means it can be better positioned at the true focal point by sliding it in or out within the holder.

jamestt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100Cm Dish
My Location
malta
Looked through Ebay about the Inverto Black Ultra LNB and it has quite a number of positive reviews on it. Seems to be a superior quality as you said Tivu. I hope that this doesn't affect a motorised dish since some of the reviews say that it could be better with a fixed dish, is that true? Thanks

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Nope. Can't see any reason at all why it should benefit a fixed installation and not motorised (or vice versa) - The only difference is that a fixed dish requires the LNB to be skewed as appropriate whereas on motorised it's set to (and left at) zero Skew for the South Satellite, with the locus of the dish taking automatic care of skew for any and all other Satellites (apart, that is, from 28E where the Birds themselves are effectively pre-skewed).

And all the forgoing applies whatever LNB is used.

I have a Black Ultra Twin on one of my motorised rigs and it's fab.

jamestt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100Cm Dish
My Location
malta
Hi again Tivu. Thanks for your support and comment on this Inverto Black Ultra LNB. It made sense what you said but I always questioned myself on those reviews thats why. Even I saw another type of LNB which only works on fixed dishes (Not this type of LN:cool:. Thanks for now Tivu as I am struggling with the reception on this bird.

excollier

Bikes, Booze, Rock & Blues
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TD 64 and Humax Foxsat HDR with Raydon's custom firmware
My Location
County Donegal - furthest outpost of the EUSSR
I use a Black Ultra quad on my six lnb multifeed, at a 12 deg offset on TD88 for 28.2e and perfect reception in all weather.

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using Tapatalk

jamestt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100Cm Dish
My Location
malta
Just to say about its performace on the Inverto Black Ultra LNB, its good in bad weather conditions or signals will fall down quickly compared to standard LNB? Thanks all

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
They tend to be nice and sensitive so should hold up better

jamestt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
100Cm Dish
My Location
malta
Hi Analoguesat, I hope because its all about signal on this bird. i don't mind on Astra 1N or 2F just on the Eutelsat 28A. Thanks for the suggestion of the LNB.