eutelsat W2 and hotbird on 1 dish

danijordano

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
installing 2 LNBs on one sattelite dish in london,UK
My Location
London,UK
I want to install 2 LNB on one dish,for "eutelsat W2" and "hotbird" and i have the right bracket,But i can not make them to work together when I got hotbird i dont have eutelsat I have friend who have the same equipment as mine and his working in manchester do the dish need some special setting (spining clockway or oposite clockway) I am very close to get them both but I do something wrong.Im using sattelite meter with which is very easy to find any sattelite with single LNB.Can you help?

mpj111 said:
I want to install two lnb on to one dish in order to get channels from two satellits ( optus D1 and optus B3). ( I am living in Wellington).
I can get channels each time when I focus the dish to optus D1 or B3.
How do I allign the dish to receive channels from both satellites.
Each satellite is in different direction.
I heard there are possiblities to mount 4 Lnbs to one dish.

Your help much appreciated

thank you

Robbo71 said:
Well according to Lyngsat Opus D1 is at 160E, but B3 is MOVING east by 0.5 degrees per day.
_http://www.lyngsat.com/asia.html

If this is correct, you will have a slight problem. Can you clarify?

Robbo:)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
What LNBs, are you using?

You may need the narrow ones, otherwise you might not get them close enough, those two sats are only 3 degrees apart. You may also have to modify the LNB holder so that you can get them close enough.

Also you probably want to focus the dish on 16E rather than Hotbird.

Could you update your profile with your dish size and make.

Robbo:)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I believe that all of the 3 degree units are designed for a 60mm collar, the fracarro Penta dish has a 60mm LNB holder with inserts to drop to the lower sizes, the inverto one comes with its own clamp I believe.