Everything that i need for a full system...

kev269

Reaction score
Hi,

I will be purchasing everything part required for a full motorised system seperately, and then get someone to fit it all for me if that's possible.

It would be great if someone could tell me everything that I would need ready for when the person comes to fit it all, including any cables etc.

I live in London and if anyone could name me any good fitters and if you know how much the approximate cost would be...

Thanks a lot
Kev

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Can't name you an installer I'm afraid, but I guess that yellow pages should find one fairly easily.

With regard to the equipment, will depend on what you want to receive.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Might be worth asling a couple of installers nearby first. Quite often the supplied equipment with install works out cheaper than mail order stuff plus an hourly charge to fit something unfamiliar.

As Rolf says, make sure you know what you want to get from the system before handing over credit card details

dee

Reaction score
Following on on the advise given so far, it really depends on what you want to watch. There are several satellites which can be received using your M-system. U can visit Satalogue for examples.

Basic items include: a dish + Universal LNB (coverage depends on the size of the dish. u might get away with a 1m dish without permission from your local authority); a receiver (which could be a standard FTA receivers with or wthout CAM slots; cables obviously; and to view encrypted channels u would probably be better off getting a receiver with CAM slots. It is worth noting that you still need original cards to view encryted channels (strictly legit!!!!!)

kev269

Reaction score
i want to mainly watch Hotbird, eutelsat, hellas sat, astra.