Evolved Motorcycle thread

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Channel Hopper said:
Chelsea, but really not into spectating sport at all. If I like it, I want to have a go at it.

Something Im rebuilding for this years spare time on the track, it makes a fooking racket (maybe I should take it out the living room before starting it ) :p

So You decided to take the project on yourself hopper?....I was at Snetterton 2 years ago watching a bunch a Buells blasting round.....they sounded like a squadron of Lancaster bombers going past...even the ground shook!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Ive done a small amount of racing quite a few years back, (didnt do too badly either) .

The 500 single is somewhat lighter than the VFR400s and a lot lighter than the Suzuki twins of the 80s.

Additionally the standard setup is very forgiving (narrow engine) and so it shoudl be quite flickable. Only problem now is to fit into the leathers, they appear to have shrunk somewhat.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Someone's able to split threads

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Channel Hopper said:
Someone's able to split threads
yep...it's a tool called 'Split Thread'. :rolleyes:

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Cunningly concealed in the "Thread Tools" drop down. ;)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Protek 9750 HD IP, Spiderbox 9000HD. Cryptik Digital H-H Mount with1.2m Oval Dish and a box in the garage consisting of 2 obsolete STBs, various Cards and a couple of cams!
My Location
South East England
Sorry Chaps I did'nt realise!..so do we carry on talking bikes?

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
I believe its safe as the 'lepers' now have their own colony

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, got to change your name to Scweitzer now then CH. :)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Did I tell you hopper I used to race in the same meetings as Damon Hill?. then he was a despatch rider from Wandsworth. (or so the program stated)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
He was probably one of the buggers who cut me up around knightsbridge. :)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
rolfw said:
He was probably one of the buggers who cut me up around knightsbridge. :)

Well you will like this then rolf, we exchanged paint jobs once going round Paddock hill as I cut him up pretty bad.....one moment he was there...and then he was gone!

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, great, got him back. :D

Having said that I always liked him as a F1 driver, his Dad was a bit useful as well. :)

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
Yep I spose he was O'k in F1 but if he did'nt winge so much as he did the man would have gone further!...but I felt his day of driving was in the Arrows when he did so well in the Hungarian GP, he proved that day to me he was a good driver.

Channel Hopper

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Despatch riders - dont knock them - I did almost five years of it - life expectancy for London at the time was under three apparently

About 240,000 miles in that time (among other persuits), same distance to the moon - maybe that explains a few things.

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
was'nt knocking them hopper just said that Damon Hill used to be one m8.....I have a few m8's still alive who are despatch riders

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire

waverider

Salty Tech Monster Bod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
South East England
And like hopper you survived to tell the tales!....lol