Exclusive

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Jose Mourhino has quit Chelsea. Texted John terry to say that he was leaving and off he went.:eek:

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Not really a surprise, I think it would annoy me if the owner was parachuting people into positions which took away parts of my responsibilities. Shame though, as he was a real character.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
Well, what a surprise, did not think he would last that long. May I qoutoe myself from 16.01.2005:
And finally: Dear Jose M. seems to show signs of pressure, his outburst against the ref and SAF was just a bit too tense. Or is he playing games??? All I can say about this: Maybe he is as good as he thinks he is, but on the other hand he still got stuff to learn. He is talking himself up a lot, the fall will hurt more that way. I can't help thinking that when the problems start (and they will one day, no doubt about it) he will be "getting" it. The press will be having a feast on him. I am not sure that he is going to be here for many years....

Well it was always going to end in tears. You can blame the owner doing this or that, but you can't blame the owner for having spent 400+ mill and to see a team play crap football for the last couple of years. May have been effective, but how boring can it be when most of the play is long balls to Drogba and the rest just brutal physical midfield presence. Just not entertaining, when you spent half a billion you could at least expect some good stuf to watch, don't you?

I know everybody is saying what a great manager, and character bla bla bla, I personally neer liked the guy, and not because he was winning the titles. It is his constant manipulating of refs and press that makes it look as if he is the only one who understands anything. There is no shape admitting you were dead lucky to win a game, and there is no shame either admitting the other team was better. But Mouninho never lost a game, oh no. It was alwys something else.
Good riddance Jose, go and be special somewhere else.:-righton.

But the argument is pointless, lets see what the next manager will do.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I could not give a monkey's whatsits personally although yes you have to agree he was a character even if he did moan a lot :cool:.

Completely OT but never the less very sad and disappointing is that it has been headline news in all forms of the media for the last 18 hours however you may remember a 17 year old girl who died at a railway station about 5 weeks ago and yesterday they found her mum dead in exactly the same spot how sad is that but whilst I agree I have been at work I certainly did not see much mention of it, obviously not a big enough story.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Also you will note that Gordon Brown made a statement on it, but where was his statement after the death of Colin McRae, an MBE, a World Champion and a Scotsman, the silence from number 10 was deafening.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
sorry for raising oldish topic :D (lots to read through LOL)

cant say i was suprised at his exit really, as said above the fact that he wasnt totally in charge, and was undermined by RA must have made his blood boil.

Avram Grant, just doesnt fit in somehow... i personally miss JM i thought he was sometimes annoying but then, thats because he was a success... but overall he was and still is a good manager.

he will be back at a big club, and having success soon im sure.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
He will be back at Chelsea once he has won his bet with Abramavitch.
If indeed the rumours are true....
The irony being if he wins he would not need to work again. Has anyone else heard this going around, i heard it at work recently

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Topper said:
He will be back at Chelsea once he has won his bet with Abramavitch.
If indeed the rumours are true....
The irony being if he wins he would not need to work again. Has anyone else heard this going around, i heard it at work recently

No, what bet?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
I've already perpetuated the speculation I suppose but what I heard was that JM had words with A and said if you think you can do better then be my guest and A said he can put the Israeli in and he will do a better job than you. What the amount of money involved is I do not know, but whether such a childish bet is true I also have no idea, probably somebody's vivid imagination running riot, only time will tell

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
My money is with Avram, never liked the self styled special one. I just hope he finds a nice club somewhere far where he can be top dog, do his whining interviews, pout and suck in his cheeks and cause good refs to retire amid death threats, never lose a game even if he was beaten and most important stay away from United when Sir decides to retire.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
My money is with Avram, never liked the self styled special one. I just hope he finds a nice club somewhere far where he can be top dog, do his whining interviews, pout and suck in his cheeks and cause good refs to retire amid death threats, never lose a game even if he was beaten and most important stay away from United when Sir decides to retire.

I'm having a nightmare...

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Self inflicted? I didn't do anything...it's those stupid club owners. Now I will have to bear him as manager. The only good thing is, it won't be long, and we'll probably win something in the next couple of years.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt regarding his behaviour, but somehow...I don't think so. He was a much better fit for Chelsea....:cool:

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
It's just not Cricket.

No, really.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Wow, that's some comeback for a thread.:) Don't think it's a good decision for Manchester United though, Jose is not renowned for exciting football, nor bringing on youngsters.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Wow, that's some comeback for a thread.:) Don't think it's a good decision for Manchester United though, Jose is not renowned for exciting football, nor bringing on youngsters.

..I know...my only hope is that he noticed what has happened to Van Gal, who also ignored united traditions. Maybe he used the last half year to make himself familiar with United. I just hope.....

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
..I know...my only hope is that he noticed what has happened to Van Gal, who also ignored united traditions. Maybe he used the last half year to make himself familiar with United. I just hope.....
You are an eternal optimist, glass half full man, but in this case I am not sure what it is full of :eek: