Experience with 90cm raven dish?

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
Hi there,

I currently have two dishes on my house, which I'd rather have one. I live on the south coast of the uk and I'm currently pointed at 5DegW and 13DegE feeding an old panasonic analogue receiver.

Its time to upgrade! I spotted the 90cm Raven dish as a potenital dish to be able to receive stuff from 5W,13E,19.2E and 28E, however will it really cope with a sweep of 33Degrees? (5W-28E?) I found a post burried on the internet somewhere that the dish would go as far as +/-18Degrees from the centre alignment - has anyone any practical experience with this dish or another dish which would support lnb's 33Degrees apart? The raven website doesn't seem to have this practical info in its specifications on the dish. I'm aiming for a 4-lnb setup with a disecq switch, and don't really want to go down the motorised route...

Cheers.

CTS.

mo1965

Reaction score
Did you consider a motorised system which might be a better option at least it it guranteed. I once used sofware and every time I tried any combination more than 6 degrees i said it too big.
I thin it was from a Sweedish microwave

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
mo1965 said:
I once used sofware and every time I tried any combination more than 6 degrees i said it too big.
I plan to use a 4-way disecq switch with a simple FTA digital receiver - I don't think the receiver should care where the lnb's are pointed in terms of complete sweep - you say no more than 6 degrees - this would be quite a limitation.... Again I don't think I really want to go motorised....

CTS

loftyj

Reaction score
Have you tried looking on the What Satellite web sight to see if thay have ever done a test on it.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Torroidal dish (wave frontier) will do it, but a diseqC motor would be a cheaper solution. A Raven 90cm will pick up 15 or so degrees on either side of centre, so could be worth trying, with 13E as your prime focus.