External sat card

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, is the simple answer to that, Pentamedia do one, but i think it is data only. There are others made, i saw them at this years trade show, but I don't know who sells them. try www.pentamedia.com , or www.strongsat.com, i think you'll find that most of the USB modules are data only.

Rolf

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Reaction score
My Location
scotland
i have the internal pentamedia card but did not see any external cards when i was shopping around but if you think you seen it at the trade show then it will probably be in the shops soon if not already. I fitted my own card internal without any significant problems but i like external modems. Does it have to be an external card? do you have a lack of ports in your motherboard?
i have about one slot left on my motherboard, its amazing how
they go.

S

stock

i want to use it with my laptop PC to help line up my dish. Should work i think.

stock

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi stock,

The PC sat cards are not particlarly good for dish alignment, as they react too slowly, you're better off with a £30 analogue meter, which will get you onto the Satellite with a reasonable degree of accuracy. The USB sat cards by the way, can be bought from Digi-Cams UK on 020 887 80194 but I think they are only data cards. Did you get any luck through the web addresses?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
http://www.digicams-uk.com/category14_1.htm

Above is the link to the DigiCams site and specifically the USB receiver.

Hope this is of help.

Rolf