Extract all recordings from Sky+/SkyHD (non only the FTA).

Big_Blue

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
My Location
UK
If no one have already try, i can confirm that is possible to extract and decode the movie form a Sky+ box (legally).

The procedure is quite simple (but a little longer) :
1) Extract the .str files with +Extract.

2) Decode with Offline Descrambler 2.50, using a CSA engine (like FFDecsa.dll, MakroCSA.dll o CSA.dll) as CSA Engine (from progdvb binary) and using NCEMUCAM as softcam, of course using a serial smartmouse (in phoenix mode at 3.56 mhz) with a official and active Sky smartcard in it.

3) Clean/remux the decoded .str file to an mpeg file with a .ts processor, the ProjectX works perfect for this job (but many other is suitable as well).

This procedure works with mpeg2 files, i can't confirm if it works with Mpeg4-H.264 HD recording of Sky HD boxes.

I think that this procedure is legally because you MUST use your ACTIVE smartcard to decrypt the files and the procedure purpose is onyl & simply to re-use your personal recordings, exactly you can with many other satellite receiver with pvr functions (like dreambox or clarke tech).

Regards.

neildo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Diseqc motor on a 1m dish, quattro LNB connected to a 8 port Multiswitch
My Location
Eaglesham
Thanks for the info - was thinking about just this topic...

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Good news for people with $ly + boxes. Up until I read your post I would have said it was impossible.

pcbbc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
London, UK
For anyone attempting this, it seems this works for Pace V2 boxes, but not Pace V1.
Other box models as yet untested.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
How do you connect to the box in order to extract the files?
Is there an ethernet connector or other interface?

pcbbc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
London, UK
HB13DISH said:
How do you connect to the box in order to extract the files?
Is there an Ethernet connector or other interface?
You can't. Newer Sky+ boxes have USB interfaces, and SkyHD boxes have Ethernet and ESATA - But none of these interfaces are enabled.

You will need to open the box, remove the hard drive and connect to your PC via a USB adapter.

ashimoto

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky hd + technomate
My Location
lancs uk
Has anyone tried using pinnacle one touch video transfer it is supposed to compress and record onto any connected media

pcbbc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
London, UK
ashimoto said:
Has anyone tried using pinnacle one touch video transfer it is supposed to compress and record onto any connected media
What for? :confused
It's not going to extract any type of recording from a Sky box, that's for sure.

leosky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
My Location
UK
Big Blue, can you give more details on how to work with Offline Descrambler and Ncemucam configuration? I have a SKY HD box, have extracted the .str with extract+ and have a Infinity unlimited smartmouse set in phoenix mode.
The descrambling seems to work but the resulting file can not be read by ProjectX.
OD has too many options to fiddle around and I need to make sure all settings are correct.
I would appreciate your help.

Leo.-

pcbbc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
London, UK
leosky said:
Big Blue, can you give more details on how to work with Offline Descrambler and Ncemucam configuration? I have a SKY HD box, have extracted the .str with extract+ and have a Infinity unlimited smartmouse set in phoenix mode.
The descrambling seems to work but the resulting file can not be read by ProjectX.
OD has too many options to fiddle around and I need to make sure all settings are correct.
I would appreciate your help.

Leo.-
Is this for HD content or SD?
What size is the decrypted STR file in comparison with the original?

leosky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
My Location
UK
pcbbc said:
Is this for HD content or SD?
What size is the decrypted STR file in comparison with the original?

Is SD file

The original size is 477MB and the decrypted is 475MB

Just in case the settings are wrong they are as follows:

Infinity unlimited smartcard reader in phoenix mode at 3.579Mhz on COM 3

Ncemucam.ini
[NCE]
PORT=COM3
CARD=0
ENABLED=1
EMM=0
BOXID=0
TRACE=1

OD settings

all 4 PIDs selected (Service info, ECM,audio and video), ECMs before wait 20 and 0, CSA engine FFDecsa.dll (40Kb size), Performance & memory profile: High.

Thing I noticed is in OD's status box at the bottom says: waiting for DWs and then no keys, skip to next... should it say key found or something like that??? also in OD log window I can see DVB_command showing different keys that change every cuple of seconds.

thanks for your help.

pcbbc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
London, UK
leosky said:
The original size is 477MB and the decrypted is 475MB
Sounds about right.

All 4 PIDs selected (Service info, ECM,audio and video), ECMs before wait 20 and 0, CSA engine FFDecsa.dll (40Kb size), Performance & memory profile: High.
You should UNSELECT Service Info - Leave the other 3 (ECM, audio and video) selected.
I think I have my wait settings set to something like 98 and 100. But I would have to look this up at the weekend.

Remember that decoding from some boxes (e.g. Pace V1) just isn't possible because it removes the ECM stream. As the OP seems to have gone away we can't ask what box type he was using.

leosky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
My Location
UK
pcbbc said:
Sounds about right.

You should UNSELECT Service Info - Leave the other 3 (ECM, audio and video) selected.
I think I have my wait settings set to something like 98 and 100. But I would have to look this up at the weekend.

Remember that decoding from some boxes (e.g. Pace V1) just isn't possible because it removes the ECM stream. As the OP seems to have gone away we can't ask what box type he was using.

Ok, I'm getting closer. My box in a Thomson HD, I don't know if it is Pace V1 od V2, someone else might know.

If I remove the SI PID the resulting file is only 1MB whih is definetly wrong.
Now, after chainging the wait for DWs, I can see key found at the bottom of OD which seems to be ok now.
I cannot open the descrambled file with ProjectX but I think its down to some fiddleling with the wait for DWs.

Will wait for the weekend for some more advice from you, will keep you posted if I get it to work.
Cheers.

pcbbc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
London, UK
leosky said:
Ok, I'm getting closer. My box in a Thomson HD, I don't know if it is Pace V1 od V2, someone else might know.
It's neither. Pace V1 and V2 boxes are Sky+ SD boxes made by Pace :-ohmy
These are the only two boxes which I have experience of doing this with.

If I remove the SI PID the resulting file is only 1MB which is definetly wrong.
Now, after chainging the wait for DWs, I can see key found at the bottom of OD which seems to be ok now.
This is exactly the result I get with the Pace V1 box. It deletes most of the ECM stream from the STR and encrypts and stores the required data elsewhere, which makes this decoding technique impossible. The HD box may well be the same for all we know, as the OP going silent on what box type he used.

Some things point to it being the HD box, such as the post title and mention of HD in the post and the forum "My System" details.
Some things point to it being a SD box, such as the fact they say "I can't confirm if it works with Mpeg4-H.264 HD recording of Sky HD boxes".

leosky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
My Location
UK
pcbbc said:
It's neither. Pace V1 and V2 boxes are Sky+ SD boxes made by Pace :-ohmy
These are the only two boxes which I have experience of doing this with.

This is exactly the result I get with the Pace V1 box. It deletes most of the ECM stream from the STR and encrypts and stores the required data elsewhere, which makes this decoding technique impossible. The HD box may well be the same for all we know, as the OP going silent on what box type he used.

Some things point to it being the HD box, such as the post title and mention of HD in the post and the forum "My System" details.
Some things point to it being a SD box, such as the fact they say "I can't confirm if it works with Mpeg4-H.264 HD recording of Sky HD boxes".

This doesn't look good now, I'm starting to loose any hope.
I did get excited when I saw OD finding the keys but still the decrypted str cannot be read.

I will try with different settings and if doesn't work I will have to put the Infinity unlimited on ebay.

It's a shame because I wanted to keep my recordings without loosing quality and without waisting much time.

It's silly to try to get a pace v2 just to save recordings, only option would be with a second card and box at £10 extra a month, not worth it.
Let me know any news anyway.

pcbbc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
London, UK
leosky said:
This doesn't look good now, I'm starting to loose any hope.
Is there some way I can PM you? I have a suggestion, but you seem to have the PM system turned off...

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
pcbbc said:
Is there some way I can PM you? I have a suggestion, but you seem to have the PM system turned off...

The PM for you and pcbbc is not activated.
Need more posts and time since registration.
Try to use vCard option (from CP)

pcbbc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
London, UK
Okay, I have the following settings:
ECMs before wait for DWs: 100 98
Performance & memory profile: Default (low mem / good HD seek)
Tick Synch with first valid audio or video PES
CSA Engine: FFDecsa.dll

If you are still having problems I have added my MSN details to my contacts tab. Suggest we have a chat about my suggestion.

digitalsol

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+ x 3.. hp server. tosh laptop. desktop .acer laptop
My Location
scotland
why would you want to go to all that trouble just download ...if its a film from skys website

leosky

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
My Location
UK
pcbbc said:
Okay, I have the following settings:
ECMs before wait for DWs: 100 98
Performance & memory profile: Default (low mem / good HD seek)
Tick Synch with first valid audio or video PES
CSA Engine: FFDecsa.dll

If you are still having problems I have added my MSN details to my contacts tab. Suggest we have a chat about my suggestion.

The settings are fine, the problem seems to be the HD box, file processes perfectly with all keys found and stuff, original file 477MB, descrambled one 475MB.

If I left all 4 PIDs checked that is the resulting file still unable to be opened by ProjetX, log says private stream which I would think it means is still encrypted.
If I remove the service info box then the file is only 1mb. I tried removing the ECM and It doesn't produce a file, removing the video gives me a 49mb file and removing audio a 454mb file.

I have added you to my msn messenger, lets see your suggestion when we are connected.
I cannot think of anything else now, maybe someone will develop an OD for Sky HD recordings.??
Cheers.