Extract all recordings from Sky+/SkyHD (non only the FTA).

pcbbc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
My Location
London, UK
leosky said:
I have added you to my msn messenger, lets see your suggestion when we are connected.
Ooops - Sorry, typede wrong e-mail for my msn contact.
Wondered why you weren't showing up - Doh!
I've correct it now.

casual-moron

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
sky+ pace v2

quad core intel, 8gb ram, 8800gtx
My Location
uk
sorry to dig up an old post, but im having some trouble getting this to work

i've managed to get fta stuff off the box no problem, but i cant seam to get offline decoder to recognize the sky card. im using the ncemucam module with a infinity usb ulmimited set to phoenix mode on com port 3 (and have changed the ini file to reflect it but dosnt make any difference)

i've tryed every setting i can think of but i can't seam to get the nce module to recognize the card

when i try and initilize the card, it starts processing, but then throws up a access violation, any further attempt to read the card gives a different output in the log but still no joy

heres the log from infinity

Code:
OnDCD true
OnOpenClose true by application : C:\skytv\decrypt\OfflineDecoder.exe
OnHandflow ch=1 fr=0 xon=800 xoff=200
OnDTR true
RTS On
OnDCD false
OnLineControl: INFUNLTD_Phoenix_ChangeCustomBaud set to 9600, actual baud 9615, Stopbit 2, Parity 2, BoostFactor = 1.00
OnDCD true
OnDCD false
OnLineControl: INFUNLTD_Phoenix_ChangeCustomBaud set to 9600, actual baud 9615, Stopbit 2, Parity 2, BoostFactor = 1.00
OnBaudRate: INFUNLTD_Phoenix_ChangeCustomBaud set to 9600, actual baud 9615, Stopbit 2, Parity 2, BoostFactor = 1.00
OnSpecialChars EofChar=0
ErrorChar=0n	BreakChar=0n	EventChar=0n	XOnChar=11n	XOffChar=13
OnBaudRate: INFUNLTD_Phoenix_ChangeCustomBaud set to 9600, actual baud 9615, Stopbit 2, Parity 2, BoostFactor = 1.00
RTS Off
Reset detected (phoenix), TRAP set
OnDCD false
OnTimeouts
ReadIntervalTimeout - 200
ReadTotalTimeoutMultiplier - 0
ReadTotalTimeoutConstant - 0
WriteTotalTimeoutMultiplier - 20
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 1
Readdata = 00
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 1
Readdata = 03
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 1
Readdata = 01
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 2
Readdata = 375B
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 13
Readdata = 3F33F29F6900AD[removed]
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 3
Readdata = INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 1
Readdata = 00
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 1
Readdata = 37
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 13
Readdata = 5B3F33F29F6900[removed]
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 4
Readdata = INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 1
Readdata = 00
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 1
Readdata = 03
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 1
Readdata = 01
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 2
Readdata = 375B
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 12
Readdata = 3F33F29F6900AD[removed]
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 4
Readdata = 65FFFFFF
OnDCD true
OnDCD false
OnDCD true
OnSpecialChars EofChar=0
OnSpecialChars EofChar=0
RTS Off
RTS Off
OnDCD false
OnTimeouts
WriteTotalTimeoutConstant - 1000
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 1
OnDCD false
Readdata = OnBaudRate: INFUNLTD_Phoenix_ChangeCustomBaud set to 38400, actual baud 38461, Stopbit 2, Parity 2, BoostFactor = 1.00
F4OnDCD false

OnLineControl: INFUNLTD_Phoenix_ChangeCustomBaud set to 38400, actual baud 38461, Stopbit 0, Parity 1, BoostFactor = 1.00
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 2
OnDCD false
Readdata = OnLineControl: INFUNLTD_Phoenix_ChangeCustomBaud set to 38400, actual baud 38461, Stopbit 0, Parity 1, BoostFactor = 1.00
D1FF

OnDCD true
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 2
Readdata = OnDCD true
7FFFOnDCD true
OnDÂOnDCD true
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 1
OnDCD true
Readdata = FE
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 22
OnDCD true
Readdata = 375B3F33F29F6900ADF5F4[removed]
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 2
OnDCD true
Readdata = F4FF
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 2
OnDCD true
OnDCD true
D1FF
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 2
OnDCD true
OnDCD true
7FFF
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 1
OnDCD true
Readdata = FF
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 15
Readdata =  Readdata = 375B3F33F29F6900A[removed]
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 7
OnDCD true
Readdata = FFFFFFF6FFF4FF
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 2
OnDCD true
Readdata = D1FF
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 2
OnDCD true
Readdata = 97FF
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 2
OnDCD true
Readdata = FFFF
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 1
Readdata = D3
INFUNLTD_Phoenix_Read 7
Readdata = D19BBF03FFF6FF

which causes the access violation, any attempts after this give

Code:
OnDCD false
OnDCD true
OnBaudRate: INFUNLTD_Phoenix_ChangeCustomBaud set to 9600, actual baud 9615, Stopbit 0, Parity 1, BoostFactor = 1.00
OnDCD true
OnSpecialChars EofChar=0
OnSpecialChars EofChar=0
RTS Off
RTS Off
OnDCD false
OnTimeouts
WriteTotalTimeoutConstant - 1000

any help would be much appreciated

ElyKhan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
Dell D810
My Location
Yorkshire
Hi folks,
I am extremely interested in doing this and have downloaded OfflineDecoder together with various dlls. I have obtained a Phoenix-Smartmouse (Smartbee clocked at 3.57MHz). My Sky+ box is a V2 Pace and I can get the str files on to the computer OK.
When I run OfflineDecoder I get an MD API Wrapper window which displays the following:-

GET VERSION
.....................................................................................................
Detected plugin: TT Trick
Loaded: C:\Documents and Settings\KMH\Desktop\Videotools\offlinedescrambler\MDPlugins\TT Trick.dll
Dlugin detection failed!
Loaded: C:\Documents and Settings\KMH\Desktop\Videotools\offlinedescrambler\MDPlugins\SoftCSA.dll
Detected pluqin: Soft-Ci
Loaded: C:\Documents and Settings\KMH\Desktop\Videotools\offlinedescrambler\MDPlugins\Soft-Ci.dll
Detected plugin: NCE
Loaded: C:\Documents and Settings\KMH\Desktop\Videotools\offlinedescrambler\MDPlugins\ncemucam.dll
Pluqin detection failed!
Loaded: C:\Documents and Settings\KMH\Desktop\Videotools\offlinedescrambler\MDPlugins\MdHalReg.dll
Detected plug-in: A&C3
Loaded: C:\Documents and Settings\KMH\Desktop\Videotools\offlinedescrambler\MDPlugins\mdac3out.dll
Plugin detection failed!
Loaded: C:\Documents and Settinqs\KHH\Desktop\VideoTools\offlinedescranbler\MDPlugins\BORLNDMM.DLL

I assume I have some DLLs missing but I don't know which. I also can find no way of informing the program any parameters for the Smartmouse. I get the same results regardless of whether the Smartmouse is connected and if I click on Process Stream I end up with a zero length file.
I would be extremely grateful if someone could point me to a step by step guide or otherwise help me as to what dll's I need, where to get them and how to set up the Smartmouse.

llemtt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
some sky receivers
TT 3600S2 USB
TT nexus PCI
no brand PC
lots of Macs!!
My Location
Italy
You can't do that using offline descrambler because the ECMs that get written into the .str file are just fakes!!

The real ECMs required to descramble are stored elsewhere...

ElyKhan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
Dell D810
My Location
Yorkshire
I have been told that this depends on the version of Sky+ box you have and that the Pace V2 is OK. Anyway it appears that Big_Blue has done it and pcbbc seems to know about it. I was hoping for a response from one of them.

llemtt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
some sky receivers
TT 3600S2 USB
TT nexus PCI
no brand PC
lots of Macs!!
My Location
Italy
I think it depends more on the sw revision than the hw version, anyway you can easily check if this is your problem:

1) let ncemu or ndscam log the ECMs while you run offlinedescrambler
2) take a look at the logged ECMs -> are they just 20-30 bytes long instead of 100-150? are they filled with lots of FF FF FF... ? ok these are the "fakes"

ndscam will also report the message "you aren't suscribed to this channel..." in his window

cheers

ElyKhan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky+
Dell D810
My Location
Yorkshire
Thanks llemtt. I just got back from working away and tried to do as you suggest. I can't find any way of setting ncemu to log. As I said in my first post I'm obviously missing something. I don't yet understand how things should be set up. I see ncemucam.dll in the list of plugins loaded but apart from the ini file I can't see any way of passing instructions to ncemu. The only thing in the ini that was provided is port=com1 but there are no port settings and as far as I can tell the smartmouse never reads the card. What I need is someone to tell me what plugins I need, where they should be stored, what settings need to be done for the smatmouse and then I might get somewhere. Sorry if I appear to be a bit slow but decoding encrypted video is a new subject to me and I am having difficulty understanding what each software part is supposed to do.
It was suggested to me by Neildo (the writer of +Extract) this could be done and so I bought the smartmouse and thought I would try.
Anyway any simple instructions that any of you can give me would be much appreciated.

w4tt4n4b3

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP120 + Inverto Black Premium Twin @ 28.2E
My Location
Greece
Is it possible to connect the Sky HD box with a hdd dvd recorder? I read that the usb interfaces are disabled?
If you'd like, check
_http://www.skyuser.co.uk/membersarticles/my_review_of_the_hauppauge_hd_pvr.html
Is this a good solution?

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung SkyHD box
Gigabyte 965P-DS4 / Core2Duo E6600 / 3GB / Win7 x64
My Location
UK
Can anyone confirm if the methods detailed here are still valid? Viewing cards have been updated since this thread was created and I'd like to buy all the kit required to extract my recordings but don't want to waste the cash if this method no longer works.

wally240771

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Amstrad drx-890c Sky+hd receiver
Sony Vaio desktop
My Location
Devon, UK
Big_Blue said:
If no one have already try, i can confirm that is possible to extract and decode the movie form a Sky+ box (legally).

The procedure is quite simple (but a little longer) :
1) Extract the .str files with +Extract.

2) Decode with Offline Descrambler 2.50, using a CSA engine (like FFDecsa.dll, MakroCSA.dll o CSA.dll) as CSA Engine (from progdvb binary) and using NCEMUCAM as softcam, of course using a serial smartmouse (in phoenix mode at 3.56 mhz) with a official and active Sky smartcard in it.

3) Clean/remux the decoded .str file to an mpeg file with a .ts processor, the ProjectX works perfect for this job (but many other is suitable as well).

This procedure works with mpeg2 files, i can't confirm if it works with Mpeg4-H.264 HD recording of Sky HD boxes.

I think that this procedure is legally because you MUST use your ACTIVE smartcard to decrypt the files and the procedure purpose is onyl & simply to re-use your personal recordings, exactly you can with many other satellite receiver with pvr functions (like dreambox or clarke tech).

Regards.

Hi Big_blue

Sounds great that you have been able to do this.

I'll be honest and let you know that i do not have the gear, software or knowledge that you have mentioned and was wondering if you could let me know if it is possible to do this procedure with an Amstrad DRX-890c sky+ HD box? Hopefully i can get hold of someone local to me to sort it out with your valuable information given!

Basically i want to extract all my HD sports programs from the disc drive and copy them onto HD/Blu-ray DVDs for archiving.

How can i do all this as i am paying good money for material i cannot keep for my own pleasure! (NOT TO SELL ON, BROADCAST, RE-DISTRIBUTE or MAKE PROFIT in any way or form - IF any of you SKY people are reading this post)

Please big_blue or anyone else in that fact that can help me, can you get in touch and leave me your contact details like a phone number and i will call you to discuss a way around this complete wizardry of unlocking new doors and frontiers, as waiting for replies on these forums can take some time!

I would really appreciate anyones time if they can help!

Please can anyone help! Phone numbers is what i need to talk direct.

Regards

wally240771

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Despite Big_Blue not logging in since June 2008, communications should be via the open forum so all can benefit. We do not permit the posting of telephone numbers or email addresses.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
In any case since that post was made in 2008 there has been a card change and new levels of encryption applied so it probably does not work now.

llemtt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
some sky receivers
TT 3600S2 USB
TT nexus PCI
no brand PC
lots of Macs!!
My Location
Italy
I can confirm, the original method no longer works. As I already mentioned one have to find good ECMs elsewhere, look for those..., fix the .str then descramble.

Good tech and programming skills required. I have rewritten all the software needed porting to OSX but sorry being intended for private use it's not available to the public.

cheers

kmflipp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I need to extracet films from Sky Box HD, to save onto a NAS for example and free space on Sky Box HD.
My Location
Italy
Hi Big_Blue,

many time has passed from your post about extract recordings from SkyHD.
I tried but failed.

However today is 2012 and I'm from Italy and I have a MySky HD, italian version of SkyBox I suppose.

I extracted files from HardDisk with success.
I can view my .str files on my notebook now.

So, I attached to my notebook a smartmouse, executed Offline Descramber 2.5 with CSA and NCEMUCAM like a plugin configured on right com port.
I can view smarcard code pass into NCEMUCAM log.
OffLine descramber seem to work becaus it spent 2 and half an hour to complete the descrambler.
But the result file is empty.

any ideas?

thank you very much.

RixNox

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm dish -> mySkyHD
Future (maybe!!): xxxcm dish -> Astra1N->FTA -> BBC !!!
My Location
Caprese Michelangelo,Tuscany, Italy (Lat: 43º 38' - Long: 11º 59')
Good evening. I would like to save my skyhd recordings, some of the aged (2008): I can extract easily .str files from xtv filesystem. Can someone explain if the offline descrambling method will works? I own a ** LEGITIMATE ** smartcard, so I honestly feel in good faith.

kmflipp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
I need to extracet films from Sky Box HD, to save onto a NAS for example and free space on Sky Box HD.
My Location
Italy
llemtt said:
I can confirm, the original method no longer works. As I already mentioned one have to find good ECMs elsewhere, look for those..., fix the .str then descramble.

Good tech and programming skills required. I have rewritten all the software needed porting to OSX but sorry being intended for private use it's not available to the public.

cheers

Hi llemtt, I'm a system engineer and I like -play- with this kind of stuff but, here I am and I don't know how to find a good ECM for this streams.
Can u help with your secrets? I think that many people will thank for this help.

bye,
Daniele.

llemtt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
some sky receivers
TT 3600S2 USB
TT nexus PCI
no brand PC
lots of Macs!!
My Location
Italy
Ciao Daniele, non sono abilitato ad usare i "private messages" mandami un riferimento a cui contattarti!

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
English only here please.

I notice that you mention private messages and, if it is relevant to your post, neither you nor Danielle have enough posts yet for PM to be available to you.

kmflipp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Italy
llemtt said:
Ciao Daniele, non sono abilitato ad usare i "private messages" mandami un riferimento a cui contattarti!

Sorry,

didn't know that only english is permitted.
we cannot usa privete message...
llemtt, please tell me the information right here if you can

greetings from Mercatale, Vernio

Daniele Pierini

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
That's OK, you know now. We have several foreign language sections for non-English posts.