extreme satellite receiver

hi has anybody used the range of extreme receivers and are they any good for receiving non pay channels.
thanks
Steve

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A couple of members have looked at buying them Steve, but I'm not sure whether they made the jump. :) They certainly look like a godd receiver, spec wise, so I guess that would probably fit the bill.

PCD

DB Magician
rolfw said:
A couple of members have looked at buying them Steve, but I'm not sure whether they made the jump. :) They certainly look like a godd receiver, spec wise, so I guess that would probably fit the bill.
Hi Steve.dawn

I have an Xtreme with a fixed dish system receiving both Astra1 and Hotbird. Works fine with 6 in 1 files as well as with a cam (tried with SkyCrypt Free Xtv.

Anything in particular you would like to know ?

PCD

cjgall

My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany
steve.dawn said:
hi has anybody used the range of extreme receivers and are they any good for receiving non pay channels.
thanks
Steve
Hi Steve,

I had a xtreme and initially found it to be a good receiver (I posted to this effect at the time). I did start experiencing problems though and ended up taking it back and exchanged it for a Topfield 4000PVR. If you do go for the xtreme make sure its a newer model (manufactured after April/May 2003) as some extreme's power supplies cannot cope when you use the optical output.

I recommend the Topfield though, its far superior albeit more expensive.

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
I have a Xtreme at my apartment which works well with fun 6 in 1, also switches between 13e,19.2e,28.2e & 30w using diseq. The software is quite fast, a big improvement on the Nokia 9800 I had there previously. I do not use the optical o/p and so far have had no problems.