extreme satellite receiver

steve.dawn

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hi has anybody used the range of extreme receivers and are they any good for receiving non pay channels.
thanks
Steve

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
A couple of members have looked at buying them Steve, but I'm not sure whether they made the jump. :) They certainly look like a godd receiver, spec wise, so I guess that would probably fit the bill.

PCD

DB Magician
Reaction score
rolfw said:
A couple of members have looked at buying them Steve, but I'm not sure whether they made the jump. :) They certainly look like a godd receiver, spec wise, so I guess that would probably fit the bill.

Hi Steve.dawn

I have an Xtreme with a fixed dish system receiving both Astra1 and Hotbird. Works fine with 6 in 1 files as well as with a cam (tried with SkyCrypt Free Xtv.

Anything in particular you would like to know ?

PCD

cjgall

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Topfield 4000PVR with Aston 1.07 CAM, (canaldigitaal), dragoncam,
Sky digibox,
Bush HD Freesat,
Visiosat trisat looking at Astra1, Astra2 and Hotbird.
My Location
Netherlands & Central Brittany
steve.dawn said:
hi has anybody used the range of extreme receivers and are they any good for receiving non pay channels.
thanks
Steve

Hi Steve,

I had a xtreme and initially found it to be a good receiver (I posted to this effect at the time). I did start experiencing problems though and ended up taking it back and exchanged it for a Topfield 4000PVR. If you do go for the xtreme make sure its a newer model (manufactured after April/May 2003) as some extreme's power supplies cannot cope when you use the optical output.

I recommend the Topfield though, its far superior albeit more expensive.

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
I have a Xtreme at my apartment which works well with fun 6 in 1, also switches between 13e,19.2e,28.2e & 30w using diseq. The software is quite fast, a big improvement on the Nokia 9800 I had there previously. I do not use the optical o/p and so far have had no problems.